EXPIRED Intel Optane P4800X 750GB HHHL AIC

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
That ebay even after global shipping and handling imports, still does not have seperated pricing available for same listing...
in germany value over 150 is not VATed by ebay (the importer) because from 150 there is additionaly customs fee(depends on the kind of goods)
in that case the german customs wants that from me. ( or the shipping company on behalf)
It's alot of added profit for sellers tho, so i understand why they dont demand it.
The sellers must pay this VAT to the local tax office, if they can not provide a local VAT number of buyer.

Last edited:
Reactions: SGS

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
The sellers must pay this VAT to the local tax office, if they can not provide a local VAT number of buyer.
if a UK buyer can provide a Lithunia VAT number he can get a refund(not from seller)
The Lithuanian seller would not be paying local VAT on the item exported to me.

Seller lists it as zero rate export and does not pay local VAT.
Does not need a local or foreign number to do so.

Seller priced it including 21% VAT and sold it with 0% VAT, its pure profit.

Id expect alot of sellers to have a massive sales boost if VAT had been implemented better.
So that export sales actualy had the 0% VAT price listed before adding your import VAT.

Sadly ebay is probably gone lose the access to import to Norway charging VAT directly in global shipping due to this.
As not deducting the VAT does violate the terms for the import system here.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Sadly ebay is probably gone lose the access to import to Norway charging VAT directly in global shipping due to this.
ebay global shipping another different story. the seller ships the goods localy, not to the buyer directly.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
ebay global shipping another different story. the seller ships the goods localy, not to the buyer directly.
Regarding VAT its the exact same "story".

For the invoice/VAT there is no difference if shipping to hub or not, its still the foreign seller/address listed.

If using a third party forwarding service so buyer has a domestic address then it would be a different thing.
With global shipping that is not the case tho.

It's not like customs of multiple countries just forgot its forwarded when giving ebay warnings and dates to correct by.
For VAT delivery address on invoice is what matters, for global shipping its unchanged.

Last edited:

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
For VAT delivery address on invoice is what matters, for global shipping its unchanged.
sure but the sender is ebay global shipg. not the seller. tax office (to check for valid zero vat transaction) needs sellers address.

anyway: if the Lithuanian seller don't pay 21% VAT, the buyer also don't pay that VAT, just higher price,
and with purchasing the buyer accepts the terms & conditions.
fine.
more to come.

Last edited:

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
sure but the sender is ebay global shipg. not the seller. tax office (to check for valid zero vat transaction) needs sellers address.
No they are not the sender, the seller is.

There is no problem to ship it with global shipping and still put it as zero VAT export.

Im getting 10-30packages like that a week.

There are some small sellers that wont do it as they dont know how and wont read up for that one sale.
But there is no challenges beyond that.

SGS

May 24, 2017
I think GSP is a distraction in this discussion. I've only ever had it hoisted on me in Ebay US listings and it seems like a profit-maker for Pitney Bowes.

Possibly the reason for all the confusion / incorrect assumptions is that the legislation is quite new and appeared simultaneously in the EU and UK, probably as the final Brexit arrangements lapsed.

It's probably best to read this (every EU language is available) and the other articles I linked to earlier as it's all pretty clear. The EU has deemed electronic marketplaces like ebay (and eg Aliexpress) as special cases with different rules to normal commerce.

For distance sales, the seller effectively sells the item to ebay with no VAT and ebay sells it to the foreign buyer, collecting VAT in the destination country

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
For distance sales, the seller effectively sells the item to ebay with no VAT and ebay sells it to the foreign buyer, collecting VAT in the destination country
Ebay requires commercial sellers to list including VAT.
Ebay does at no point effectively or otherwise buy it.

But they do collect VAT for alot of countries indeed.

The original point is the gap between item required listed included VAT and how its not deducted automaticly.
Id say the distraction for you is focusing on how its processed on the accounting side rather than what the actual point was.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
I wish I would have not cared about others being warned and 'protected' from VAT fraud while that may would have prevented us from this never ending discussion. But it may sensitise someone to look deeper in terms of VAT while trading with foreign companies on eBay and so on. Still shows how many wrong assumptions about VAT legislation and practices exist. But who doesn't know, doesn't care ... right ;)

Reactions: RolloZ170

SGS

May 24, 2017
Ebay does at no point effectively or otherwise buy it.
Why is my the invoice for my Lithuanian purchase from Ebay UK then? There seems be some blindness to cited facts, including how Ebay are, according to EU legislation, the "Deemed supplier" for "Distance sales of goods imported to the EU with a value not exceeding EUR 150"

And from the first ebay article I posted, here's how ebay say they charge vat, including how, when the margin scheme I also mentioned earlier, has been used. gb00s is upset to the extent of accusing the company of VAT fraud, whilst ignoring the facts
1707672293602.png

Last edited:

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Why is my the invoice for my Lithuanian purchase from Ebay UK then?
Im honestly having a hard time beliving that you are not just trolling at this point.

That you have some blindness to anything that does not fit your wanted answer i agree on.

And there is no need to reply to me too keep proving it further...

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
@SGS ... you miss a super important point here: 'Margin Sellers' are usually NOT VAT registered. Therefore they always have to declare 16.67% VAT on a fix rate on ANY (!!!) sale. Correct, eBay can not apply VAT here as the 'margin' is always unknown for eBay. However, your missed point here is that the company is indeed VAT registered, hence the reason they shall not be a 'margin seller'. And I explicitly mentioned their statement that they declared themself as not VAT registered while the HMRC records show otherwise. Sad enough that a German/Polish citizen has to explain an UK citizen how UK VAT works. Stop trolling.

EDIT 1: To be more precise. A 'margin seller' does not need to be registered, but if he sells items, he needs to provide his VAT number on the invoice. Otherwise you fall out of the 'margin seller' scheme automatically and then you have to declare the VAT on the full selling price, not only on the margin. Consequently, that activates the whole VAT scheme on eBay. Finish the story.

EDIT 2: Just an 'add' from the accountant in terms of 'margin selling' on exports in UK. Conditions for zero VAT exports in margin selling' scheme are not met if you bought from a 1. private individual who is resident in the UK or from a 2. customer that has a place of business in the UK from which taxable supplies are made or from a 3. UK customer — delivered to them or collected by them at a UK address. Of course, how will eBay ever test it?

Last edited: