EXPIRED Intel Optane P4800X 750GB HHHL AIC

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NPS

Jan 14, 2021
If condition is acceptable, I think this is a good deal:

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Is there a UK buyer who bought one? Would be awesome if you could raise your hand and confirm if you paid VAT extra. Thanks.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Whoever bought this over eBay, be careful. You are being overcharged with VAT/customs fees. In my case they did not return the UK VAT as I'm a EU citizen. They told me they are not VAT registered. Hmmm, not so fast .... They are a wholesale trader and can't be excempt from VAT. Little search >> GB 298067064.This is VAT fraud over eBay.

vat.pngreg.png

Last edited:

SGS

May 24, 2017
Bought 2 of these and they are good for the money. Both with 4.5years power-on time and 2PB written (~5% of their lifetime rated writes). Interestingly, Intel MAS rates them at 74% though.

I didn't get charged VAT and they didn't supply a VAT invoice but they didn't list a VAT number on their listing so I wasn't expecting one.

I guess ebay charge vat to EU buyers on listings below ~150EUR like we get charged now with EU ebay purchases. It's not the seller's fault

edit:
Confirmed, it's ebay's obligation Your VAT obligations in the UK & EU

Last edited:

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
If they sell at 99GBP the 20% VAT is included as per eBay guidelines. Otherwise they need to write explicitly that the price is exVAT. I asked eBay. No worries. If you would be in the UK, as they are VAT registered, they have to provide you with a VAT invoice. So they have to deduct the 20% UK VAT for export. However they did not. They sell it at 99GBP and declare it as EU-sale, so don't need to pay VAT to the tax office. But you as a buyer pay 16.5GBP too much for each item. Because of the higher price in addition to the shipping fees, you pay also too much customs fees as its based on the NET price plus shipping.

Reactions: Originalus

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Its a Ebay GSP design problem, happens on almost all business seller items from the UK.

In the past you could reclaim UK VAT directly, not sure that option still exists...https://www.gov.uk/vat-repayments
Maybe they reply to inquiries?

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
I had a short conversation with them that led to the information that they are not VAT registered. Unfortunately for them, according to the UK Company Register and HMRC register they are. If you are not registered at eBay with your VAT, you are not allowed to sell 'into' another country. That's blocked by the eBay system already. So they lied intentionally. No further discussion needed.

All my experience with UK sellers is, that they deduct VAT from the sale price.

SGS

May 24, 2017
I run a VAT registered company in the UK and I'm familiar with how it all works.
EU buyers pay an extra 20% because of Ebay, not because of the seller, as per the authentic ebay article I linked to earlier. The price I paid in the UK was the listing price which I think was your original question? Direct your frustration at Ebay / the half of our country who thought it was a good idea to leave the EU :)
A nuance you may not know about is a scheme called the VAT margin scheme in the UK which doesn't allow the onward buyer to reclaim the VAT. That's frustrating when the vendor lists their VAT number and as a VAT registered buyer you expect to be able to recoup ~17% of the sale price. This seller could be using that scheme but in any case they don't list a VAT number so they are golden. VAT margin schemes

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
I'm not going to discuss VAT issues with you. I trade every week with UK companies through eBay or any other platform. I never, I repeat, I never got charged with VAT. Even me, invoicing UK customers, I'm NOT, I repeat, I'm NOT allowed to charge UK customers with VAT (neither bsuiness nor retail) !!! Sorry that I'm getting a little bit upset here, but the VAT knowledge in UK related to EU trade is hilarious. What I said was confirmed by eBay. Maybe you misunderstood what I wrote above.

SGS

May 24, 2017
I leave it at that.
:cool:

1707601362674.png
We're going seriously off-topic here but NVM.

This is an item i bought from Lithuania the other day - a country with a VAT rate of 21%. As you can see from the invoice I was charged 20% by Ebay under their UK VAT number - it's UK VAT, mandated by our government. This invoice allows me to reclaim the VAT, unlike how reverse-charge used to work with EU acquisitions when the UK was in the EU.

According to the ebay article linked to earlier, the charge my fellow Europeans receive when buying items from UK ebayers is the EU equivalent of this. You probably have a very similar invoice in your ebay order details page, which you'll be able to reclaim if you are VAT registered, assuming you actually bought the items and aren't just upset about the VAT arrangements and intent on doxing the hapless supplier.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
I bought it as a private person and eBay charged me 23% ... the VAT here in Poland. That's fine and correct. But the seller must deduct the 20% UK VAT from the sale. In your case, you paid 20% UK VAT and not 21%. 9.59GBP is 20% from 47.97GBP and NOT (!!!) 21% >> 10.07. As I said earlier, VAT understanding in UK related to EU trade is hilarious. How the seller handled it, I paid 20% UK VAT (non-claimable) and 23% VAT here in PL. But the seller never declares to have received the 20%.

If the actual selling price on eBay was 39.99GBP than you get f... like I did, because the company selling the items to you needs to deduct 21% from the price offer if not mentioning that the price is w/o local VAT. All prices on eBay are incl local VAT, if not mentioned otherwise.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
:cool:

View attachment 34473
We're going seriously off-topic here but NVM.

This is an item i bought from Lithuania the other day - a country with a VAT rate of 21%. As you can see from the invoice I was charged 20% by Ebay under their UK VAT number - it's UK VAT, mandated by our government. This invoice allows me to reclaim the VAT, unlike how reverse-charge used to work with EU acquisitions when the UK was in the EU.
You paid 20% VAT ontop of list but if that 39,99 item is from a company/commercial seller that 39,99 already includes their domestic VAT.

That you should not have paid for an export item.

Ebay does not deduct it automaticly, so it needs to be solved with seller.
Either they accept a 31.59 offer or make a 31.59 listing for you.

Last option is refund it afterwards but that leave you to pay VAT on the VAT before refunded first one.

Reactions: gb00s

SGS

May 24, 2017
Neither the company in Lithunia nor the company that sold the Optanes charged any VAT at all. Ebay did. The price we see items for on Ebay UK includes that charge. These are used goods and they don't always attract VAT, even if the seller is VAT registered

I'll drop another couple of citations:

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Neither the company in Lithunia nor the company that sold the Optanes charged any VAT at all. Ebay did. The price we see items for on Ebay UK includes that charge. These are used goods and they don't always attract VAT, even if the seller is VAT registered
All ebay listings from commercial sellers have their domestic VAT included in listed price.

The exeption is if clearly stating its ex.vat. and there is a seperate VAT included listing also available.

If the seperate listings was not available those 39.99 included 21% VAT.
So the company charged you 21% VAT and then ebay another 20%.

Ebay does not seperate pricing if you are inside/outside sellers country or VAT region.
That is upto seller to do with seperate listings and excluded their own country in ex.vat listing.

They only add your import VAT ontop of what already includes VAT if the seller does not resolve it with seperated listings.

Last edited:

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
So the company charged you 21% VAT and then ebay another 20%
afaik the uk 20% is not Import VAT, it is normal UK VAT.
"Deliveries or imports that do not exceed a value of 135 pounds (net and excluding transport costs) are exempt from import (!) sales tax in UK. However, every delivery is ultimately subject to VAT in the UK, regardless of the value of the goods."

Last edited:

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
The Lithunia domestic VAT of 21% is of no interest in non-EU countries.
Its really not in my interest for sure.
Im still paying it as a non-EU tho if seller does not deduct it in offer or have a seperate listing.

That ebay even after global shipping and handling imports, still does not have seperated pricing available for same listing...
Its disappointing and facinating at the same time imo.

It's alot of added profit for sellers tho, so i understand why they dont demand it.