ienRon 22 Port 2.5G Managed Layer 3 Network Switch, 16 x 2.5 Gigabit Base-T Ports, 6 x 10 Gigabit SFP Switch, Ethernet Switch, Smart Switch, Flexible

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ewagnerjr2000

Dec 30, 2023
So overall the switch is awesome, it allowed a great 2.5 GB and 10 GB connection. Also on a scale of 22 ports, this fits my home environment good. A couple of things i can think of that were a con:

packetboi

Jan 15, 2024
Just got one of these. Popped it open and took a pic. Dumped the firmware to study it later. The ssh console has a unique banner message. Googling it led me to this possible manufacturer. They don't have a 16 port 6sfp+ model, but this 24port 6sfp+ model looks close to it: mestechs . Looks like the chipset is going to be a realtek RTL9313.

The web UI is responsive on mine and has all the expected configurations and then some.

For some reason I thought this switch was passively cooled with no fans. It has 2 tiny fans blowing out (and they move a surprising amount of air). I think it would be better for them to blow in based on the number of vent holes all around the case and how the fans blowing in would move a lot of air over the heatsinks and chipsets. I plan on taking them out and putting in a single 120mm fan to the top cover (either on the inside or on top) since I want to cut down on the noise and increase airflow.

Attachments

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
I found it has some layer2 security features on its user guide from the amazon page.

oharag

Feb 18, 2024
Hey I asked about this switch on another thread.

I have a couple of questions:
- as stated the amazon link claims POE - you stated it doesn't support POE. I would like at least 4 ports POE. Do you know of a switch that mimics this switch but I would only need 6X10gbe - 8X2.5gbe/POE
- If a device I own supports 2X10gbe link aggregation does the switch also have to support link aggregation?
- What is the function of UPLINK mentioned on Amazon - is this for the VLAN support on the switch?

Here is my other post for more info I requested:

oharag

Feb 18, 2024
Just got one of these. Popped it open and took a pic. Dumped the firmware to study it later. The ssh console has a unique banner message. Googling it led me to this possible manufacturer. They don't have a 16 port 6sfp+ model, but this 24port 6sfp+ model looks close to it: mestechs . Looks like the chipset is going to be a realtek RTL9313.

The web UI is responsive on mine and has all the expected configurations and then some.

For some reason I thought this switch was passively cooled with no fans. It has 2 tiny fans blowing out (and they move a surprising amount of air). I think it would be better for them to blow in based on the number of vent holes all around the case and how the fans blowing in would move a lot of air over the heatsinks and chipsets. I plan on taking them out and putting in a single 120mm fan to the top cover (either on the inside or on top) since I want to cut down on the noise and increase airflow.

I can't seem to find anyone selling the switch you mention: mestechs MSQ9624. Do you know the price of this switch. It's strange the website says it supports POE as well - with absolutely no power info.

oharag

Feb 18, 2024
Doing more research - the 10gbe ports are SFP not SFP+, Does this mean they cannot achieve 10gbe? Another person on a website stated that they can only achieve 1gbe. Then why label them 10gbe?????

R3Z3N

Jan 29, 2024
^Because then they only need to do one sticker batch run.

Patrick from STH pointed this out on another 2.5 switch router or firewall, but it was the reverse, ports were labeled SFP but in fact they were SFP+

oharag

Feb 18, 2024
^Because then they only need to do one sticker batch run.

Patrick from STH pointed this out on another 2.5 switch router or firewall, but it was the reverse, ports were labeled SFP but in fact they were SFP+
I did see a review for the ienRON online but didn't get a chance to watch it. So I guess Chinese switch with no documentation and errors?

oharag

Feb 18, 2024
Ok after a lot of clicking links could this be the switch I was looking for?

22 Port 2.5G Managed Layer 3 Network Switch, 16 x 2.5 Gigabit Base-T Ports, 6 x 10 Gigabit SFP Switch, Ethernet Switch, Smart Switch, Flexible DHCP/VLAN/MAC/ACL/QoS/SNMP V1/V2/V3/IGMP

Again I can do without the number of 2.5gbe ports. But when I look at the 8-12 versions they either have 1 1ogbe sfp+ or maybe 2X.

I found a QNAP that has all 10gbe ports (8 total) - no POE or 2.5gbe - this is overkill - plus it's $500+

BossHoss

Apr 29, 2024
Any updates on these I've had the smaller 4x2.5 2xsfp+ version for a month or two now and don't really have any complaints about it but I haven't tried to use any smart features just plug and play.

I've had my eye on one of the bigger ones but haven't been able to find enough info or reviews on them to make me comfortable dropping a few hundred on one. I believe the one I was looking at was something like 24x 2.5gbe w/poe + 6x 10gb sfp+

I mainly looking for another switch to consolidate the multiple smaller switches that I have now and learn to segregate things a little bit through vlans. These were honestly the most expensive of the switches I was considering with the others being one of the Mikrotik crs326 24x1g + 2x sfp+ or one of the brocade icx6450/icx7250. Kind of torn because I worry there aren't enough SFP plus ports on the CRS 326 but that the brocade will be too complicated for me to get set up and running. I definitely like the price to feature list of the brocade though LOL

ewagnerjr2000

Dec 30, 2023
Any updates on these I've had the smaller 4x2.5 2xsfp+ version for a month or two now and don't really have any complaints about it but I haven't tried to use any smart features just plug and play.

I've had my eye on one of the bigger ones but haven't been able to find enough info or reviews on them to make me comfortable dropping a few hundred on one. I believe the one I was looking at was something like 24x 2.5gbe w/poe + 6x 10gb sfp+

I mainly looking for another switch to consolidate the multiple smaller switches that I have now and learn to segregate things a little bit through vlans. These were honestly the most expensive of the switches I was considering with the others being one of the Mikrotik crs326 24x1g + 2x sfp+ or one of the brocade icx6450/icx7250. Kind of torn because I worry there aren't enough SFP plus ports on the CRS 326 but that the brocade will be too complicated for me to get set up and running. I definitely like the price to feature list of the brocade though LOL
Yea, this model I have been happy with. They are all a realtek systems, no problems i have noticed.