IBM M5015 experiences

risty

Oct 6, 2016
hi to everyone! i'm needs some help.
i have M5015 and i flash it to 9260-8i(with 0189_lsi.rom firmware). controller found IBM raid configuration and PC have boots normally. After some playing with hardware key (LSI00292 not valid for crossflased m5015 =(((( ) and perfomance testing i diside to return to IBM rom.
i sucessfully flashed to latest 0248 ibm firmware. controller boots but cant load config from disks and mark them as "foreign".
what can i do to make M5015 load config from disks after crossflash?

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
If the card is loading properly, it generally goes something like this:

Hit C to get into config utility at boot
Click the Preview button
You should see your raid marked as foreign, select it
Click on the Import button
Exit and reboot

That might not be the exact sequence for your card, but it shouldn't be far away :)

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Just tried with FreeDOS with the same result "Protected Mode Run-Time".

Also have an "issue" if I let the startup run without any keypress: "No physical memory is available at the location required for the windows boot Manager. The system can not continue"

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/6r6x/bGSNPxH4Y

This the complete startup of the A8N-SLI, same result on my main rig EVGA X58-FTW3.
That looks like you are still trying to boot using the windows boot loader rather than a pen drive. Get a DOS/ FreeDOS boot disc image and burn that to a CD along with your firmware files and flashing tools and boot from the CD instead :)

risty

Oct 6, 2016
If the card is loading properly, it generally goes something like this:

Hit C to get into config utility at boot
Click the Preview button
You should see your raid marked as foreign, select it
Click on the Import button
Exit and reboot

That might not be the exact sequence for your card, but it shouldn't be far away :)
i forget to make photos =(((
after card loading it says:
zero virtual disc found and it cant load foreing configuration from disk. then i go to WebBios (CTRL+H) and scan disks there cards founds config but cant load it (

if i flashing card "back" to 9260 it boots normaly.

xayide

May 15, 2017
Is it possible to get Cache 2.0 and all features on an M5015 without using any extra hardware, ie some kind of software patch?

fabio1983

Sep 12, 2017
Hello, i would like to flash LSI 9261-i8 to Dell H700.

Unfortunately, I have flashed the SPD not the SBR!!!!

Now the Controller said:

RAID ADAPTER
unrecoverable Error
Please check the SDRAM connection
If problems persist contact Tech Support
Press any key to continue....

Can someone send me the SPD file from a LSI 9261-i8 controller to flashed it again?

Thank you!