IBM Gobbles up Red Hat for $34B Implications and Possibilities Abound

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Few months ago, I standardized and setup PXE boot , deployment for bare metal K8s infrastructure using CoreOS .

I was hoping Redhat would continue to enhance free CoreOS.
Looks like , I'll move back to Ubuntu MAAS.

Robert Fontaine

Jan 9, 2018
The big fish eat the small fish. Back when I was upwardly mobile this was pretty much a normal event for me. Then again now that I am working from my basement dungeon it is exactly the same only I will probably be looking for another job when the big fish eats my current little fish. In the old days when I was closer to the development pit the movements of whales didn't really affect me. Now that I am "essential" but truthfully entirely replaceable with 5 or 10 indifferent folk from a third world country I am a bit less enthused about being bought out. My talents are desirable in getter done and deliver mode but next time I do this small start up gig bs I'm going to get at least some equity incentive. My owner's win is likely to be my loss this time round.

Reactions: Patriot