Huawei Servers Resources: RH2288Hv3 | 5288v3 |

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

karamelo

Feb 3, 2024
Hi guys,

Can anyone share CH121 v3 latest bios, IBMC, cpld etc? Huawei doesn't provide them and the I'm running a 2017 version...

Last edited:

AsTuRkInG

Nov 9, 2022
it's a bit strange, I've registered several 5288, it appears the information that it is a 4u but then the device information is a rh2288h.

is it possible that the bios and ibmc is the same?

does anyone have access to the downloads?

they come from piospartslap

1706995055326.png

SecCon

Arkham Asylum Server Mgmt
May 26, 2022
it's a bit strange, I've registered several 5288, it appears the information that it is a 4u but then the device information is a rh2288h.

View attachment 34262
I am searching for drivers for 5288 as well, but not found yet. As for the difference in ibmc versions, I suggest you ask on the Huawei forums. They do answer general questions but are restrictive when it comes to share files

Reactions: luco_mtb

MikeTomlin

Dec 23, 2023
Switzerland
Hello all @gonzalezpereza, SecCon, AsTuRkInG

I was able to download all the new files for Huawei 5288v3.

Totorial how to get access yourself:
  1. create an account on xFusion - Let computing serve you better
  2. register your products with the serial number: https://support.xfusion.com/support/#/en/mySpace/product-register
  3. wait ca. 7 days to get your serial number reviewed by the xfusion employes.
  4. once the serial number are reviewed and approved by the xfusion employes, you should be able to download all kind of Huawei drivers, BIOS, fireware, iBMC, etc. for all kind of products.

Last edited:

MikeTomlin

Dec 23, 2023
Switzerland

View attachment 34262
Hello AsTuRkInG
I have the nodes from the same supplier in Germany, and I was also so kind and shared the same files with the piospartslap supplier.

SecCon

May 26, 2022
So the latest is behind the registration?

The latest Bios I was able to get some time ago was 5.22, and your public listing is 5.15. Do you have later version of BIOS and IBMC than 5.22 and 3.99 ?

I may be over cautious, but you will not earn anything from our registrations nor will you, most likely, ever sell anything to me, so why would you offer these resources for free when Huawei lock them up? Would it not eventually get you in to trouble with Huawei?

MikeTomlin

Dec 23, 2023
Switzerland
So the latest is behind the registration?

The latest Bios I was able to get some time ago was 5.22, and your public listing is 5.15. Do you have later version of BIOS and IBMC than 5.22 and 3.99 ?

I may be over cautious, but you will not earn anything from our registrations nor will you, most likely, ever sell anything to me, so why would you offer these resources for free when Huawei lock them up? Would it not eventually get you in to trouble with Huawei?
Huawei has left the server business in europe since the ban from USA. The new company "XFusion" is forced to provide all updates, fireware, BIOS, for a certan time after the EOM or EOL, based on europen law.
There is nothing illilgal or shady behind this tutorial how to get your own access, by having a valid product serie number.
The only strange thing on the whole thing is that nobody (no service partner, nor Huawei itself, nor XFusion) is willing to share any information how to get access.

Reactions: SecCon

SecCon

May 26, 2022
@MikeTomlin ok.
When I checked I saw Xfusion as a Singapore company, but you are of course right about the EU legislation, I am in EU, so that is perfectly reasonable. Been asking myself the same.

Maybe this could be the thing preventing me from ditching my Huawei server, I must admit Huawei's attitude in this got me thinking about that. They do not see the marketing value in having a bunch of homelabbers using their equipment.

Consider me registered.

Jeez, the phone form keeps telling me that the country code has been disabled. Some one put to much effort in the checks I guess...

I guess I will have to register via e-mail

.. and registered.

Last edited:

MikeTomlin

Dec 23, 2023
Switzerland
@MikeTomlin ok.
When I checked I saw Xfusion as a Singapore company, but you are of course right about the EU legislation, I am in EU, so that is perfectly reasonable. Been asking myself the same.

Maybe this could be the thing preventing me from ditching my Huawei server, I must admit Huawei's attitude in this got me thinking about that. They do not see the marketing value in having a bunch of homelabbers using their equipment.

Consider me registered.

Jeez, the phone form keeps telling me that the country code has been disabled. Some one put to much effort in the checks I guess...

I guess I will have to register via e-mail

.. and registered.
congrats, welcome on board.
I was thinking the same about the behavor from Huawei. I got the point that at a certan time you would like to sell new versions to your customers, but the homelab people would maybe fall in love with the product and buy more stuff from the same brand... but we homelap people are such a small portion of the whole sales quantity cake.

at least we can now create our own backup of all relevant files and are not depending anymore on the access from Xfusion or Huawei.

Reactions: SecCon

SecCon

May 26, 2022
at least we can now create our own backup of all relevant files and are not depending anymore on the access from Xfusion or Huawei.
Hmm, but I need to rely on getting fields from Xfusion, are you ok with me taking them from Xfusion and hosting them on the GDrive...or will I only be able to access files pertaining to my product?

AsTuRkInG

Nov 9, 2022

2. register your products with the serial number: https://support.xfusion.com/support/#/en/mySpace/product-register
  4. once the serial number are reviewed and approved by the xfusion employes, you should be able to download all kind of Huawei drivers, BIOS, fireware, iBMC, etc. for all kind of products.
Thanks!

registered and serial numbers sent

what I don't know, as some folks said, the bios and ibmc versions that are listed on this site seem to be older than what was previously available.

on my rh2288h v3 I have version 3.99 on the ibmc and 5.22 bios.
in xfusion it seems that the bios available is 5.15 the ibmc 3..97

but for the 5288 it is worse
I have installed version 2.33 ibmc and 3.67 bios and in xfusion is version 3.97 ibmc and 3.16 bios.

I suppose that the rest of the components will be more or less the same.

MikeTomlin

Dec 23, 2023
Switzerland
Thanks!

what I don't know, as some folks said, the bios and ibmc versions that are listed on this site seem to be older than what was previously available.

I have installed version 2.33 ibmc and 3.67 bios and in xfusion is version 3.97 ibmc and 3.16 bios.

No idea what the difference is, becuase I never had access to the Huawei files, so there was nothing to compair.

MikeTomlin

Dec 23, 2023
Switzerland
Hmm, but I need to rely on getting fields from Xfusion, are you ok with me taking them from Xfusion and hosting them on the GDrive...or will I only be able to access files pertaining to my product?
its up to you, I have no idea if the upload on some cloud drive is against the rules from Xfusion, etc.
I did my duty by downloading the stuff that I realy need for my RH2288Hv3 and my 5288v3 and saving it localy on some USB drives for backup purpose.

Last edited:

gonzalezpereza

Oct 20, 2023
Thanks!

There is a newer bios for 5288 in an older update, I don't know why they would do that, but that's the case.

https://support.xfusion.com/support/#/en/software-detail/2a0d14b1-5cbc-4425-9b2c-f90db5536de8?product=21497444

gonzalezpereza

Oct 20, 2023

Would you be able to download bios 5.15 from this link? It seems we are all stuck in the approval step and it is not moving from there.

https://support.xfusion.com/support...-5cbc-4425-9b2c-f90db5536de8?product=21497444

emigrating

Feb 29, 2024
So, the 5288 files are nowhere to be found? I've searched high and low all across the web and everything I find is either 1288, 2288 or backplane for 5288 only. Everything else is locked up tight and no matter what I try (registered a few times now using my phone no's from a number of countries) I get about as far as requesting download access and then I hear nothing back.

Surely someone has the 515 BIOS and 397 IBMC files? Seems like a great little server but the reason I was looking for something other than HP was because they lock their updates up hard.. Perhaps I should just grab another HBA and utilize the5288's as drive shelves?