How to get integrated graphics to show up?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bmacklin

Dec 10, 2013
I have a SLH-F and a Xeon with on-board graphics. If I enable the onboard graphics, basically I get a black screen because the VGA port is for the Aspeed motherboard video chip. I guess I already know the answer to my question, but I'm basically out of luck because Supermicro did not include an output for the integrated graphics? Is there an adapter that allows the integrated graphics to be used?

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
but I'm basically out of luck because Supermicro did not include an output for the integrated graphics? Is there an adapter that allows the integrated graphics to be used?
Intel chipset limitation. You need a board with the C2_6 chipset to use onboard Xeon graphics.

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
Yep you're SOL, quick glance at the board and no digital video ports were linked to the igpu pins. Its a real shame they stuck on a dedicated BMC when vPro basically does the same functions.

Since its a C226 you should still be able to enable it in bios and run 'gpu code' like quicksync etc on it. They probably only went with that PCH version to keep every sata port as 6Gbps since 222/224 are somewhat neutered.