Patrick

How to fix: BMC can't force ME to recovery mode when updating BIOS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
D

Deleted member 28354

Outta of the chassis, nothing touching :) checked the back, the front, everything

Reactions: RolloZ170
D

Deleted member 28354

Nope, no fans working, tried all connections on the mobo

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RolloZ170
D

Deleted member 28354

Is a weird one. Either the board is fried or the PSU

D

Deleted member 28354

Man, I tried everything, 2 CPU's, 2 set of memory, 2 PSU's, absolutely no go, no POST, no boot, no nothing. Checked all jumpers, checked the surface and bottom, nothing shorting, I am outta of options here :(

1.jpg

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
If the BMC works but nothing else, it sure does seem like the CPU/chipset part is not starting, but enough power is flowing to enable the BMC and the buses used to read the flash...

Dead board it is.

D

Deleted member 28354

I am thinking mismatched CPU and memory. I am waiting on one more CPU from China that I am 1000% will work with my memory and if that does not work I declare this mobo dead :(

kram96

Aug 29, 2023
My first post to just say THANK YOU! As of 9/1/23, this process revived my X10SLM+-LN4F update that went sideways after updating via IPMI browser.

Reactions: Patrick

kram96

Aug 29, 2023
My first post to just say THANK YOU! As of 9/1/23, this process revived my X10SLM+-LN4F update that went sideways after updating via IPMI browser.
Also to note, there were rumors of the update secretly enabling PCIe bifurcation but that was not the case for my specific motherboard model.

jcl333

May 28, 2011
Hey dudes, another motherboard saved X10SRH-CF that refused to post, saved with the sum utility.
Just wanted to come here and thank you.

PXL_20231221_224759173.MP.jpg
I have a new respect for the resiliency of SM motherboards.

-JCL