How do I set things up to share a folder in Hyper-v and Ubuntu 22.04?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Xarzu

May 19, 2022
How do I set things up to share a folder in Hyper-v and Ubuntu 22.04?

I did everything I assumed I was supposed to do. I set up a shared folder on my Windows 10 Pro host machine. I used "Properties" to gife the folder Read/Write Permissions to everyone. It has a network path now.

Then I put a test file and test folder inside the shared folder.

Then I went to my Ubuntu Virtual Machine through Hyper-V. I wnet to the Network area thinking that this is where I would be able to find what I need but what I found was not intuitive and did not match what I would expect. I decided it would save time to do a video screen capture.

Please advise.

nabsltd

Jan 26, 2022
I used "Properties" to gife the folder Read/Write Permissions to everyone. It has a network path now.
The "Share Permissions" are just that...who can see through the share itself. You also need to grant permissions on the directories and files by using the "Security" tab. Then, you have to decide how you want to map your Ubuntu user to a Windows user who has permissions on the files. That's beyond the scope of a post answer, but there are many sources on the web, like this page.

Reactions: Xarzu

Xarzu

May 19, 2022
The "Share Permissions" are just that...who can see through the share itself. You also need to grant permissions on the directories and files by using the "Security" tab. Then, you have to decide how you want to map your Ubuntu user to a Windows user who has permissions on the files. That's beyond the scope of a post answer, but there are many sources on the web, like this page.
Thank you. I got it