ubuntu 20.04

1. X

How do I set things up to share a folder in Hyper-v and Ubuntu 22.04?

How do I set things up to share a folder in Hyper-v and Ubuntu 22.04? I did everything I assumed I was supposed to do. I set up a shared folder on my Windows 10 Pro host machine. I used "Properties" to gife the folder Read/Write Permissions to everyone. It has a network path now. Then I put...
  2. K

VMWare ESXI - Ubuntu Server 20.04.03 with RTX3070 - GPU Passthrough broken

I have an EPYC/Supermicro server build with the below specs running ESXi 7.0 U2 and have been using GPU pass through to provide a 3070 to my Ubuntu Server VM. This has worked flawlessly for about 6 months until a few days ago when the GPU spontaneously is no longer recognized by the Nvidia...
  3. S

MDADM RAID6 - unstable behavior

Hello, I have a big fat server with 22 * 15.36TB Micron 9300 Pro SSDs connected directly to the motherboard via PCIe lines. I have setup a RAID6 configuration without any write caching, getting an array of about 307,2 TB. On top of the array I have a big fat MySQL instance and what I have...
  4. N

Ubuntu Server & L2ARC on Same Drives

I'm looking for some advice on partitioning a new system with multiple disks for root on ZFS with Ubuntu Server 20.04. This is the hardware I have: 2 x Intel D3-S4610 256 GB SSD 4 x Seagate EXOS 7E8 8TB 32 GB ECC RAM (planning of expanding to 64 GB later) In brief, this is what I tentatively...
  5. M

Any reason I shouldn't buy an LSI 9400-16i?

Greetings, I currently have a 10x10TB software (mdadm) RAID6 array running on my Xeon E5-1650v3 based workstation. All the SATA drives are connected to the onboard controllers on the Gigabyte MW50-SV0 with a handful of ports still spare. The OS is Xubuntu 20.04. I'm now looking to migrate the...