Hisource Hi-K0402WS absolutely tiny 2xSFP+ 4x2.5GBase-T unmanaged switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Michael Stora

Aug 11, 2023
Does anyone have experience with this tiny cheap switch? There were a ton of port numbers and configurations available on AliExpress. The 2xSFP+ 4x2.5Base-T was $35.08 including tax and shipping from China to the US. I was having trouble getting my employer managed computer on its own SubLAN to connect at 2.5GBase-T with my Mikrotik CRS309-1G-8S+IN but this little switch plus a 1m DAC was cheaper than any Cu SFP+ transceiver (and without the heat issues). At these prices I can throw one or more at each of my SubLANs.

This thing is absolutely tiny compared to the already compact QNAP QSW-2104-2S-A. It even has a case grounding screw.

Attachments

Reactions: SlowmoDK

ms264556

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
ms264556.net
It's good they're available to USA now. I commented a couple of times as these were coming down in price, but got replies saying they weren't shipping to most countries. I have 2 of the 4+2 switches and one of the 8+1. They work just fine, and the last one I got was US$26 including tax and delivery to NZ.

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
They're exactly the same as the YuanLey and Davuaz switches (apart from the sticker color) that Patrick made a video about, as far as I know. There are also unbranded ones on AliExpress as well, but buying a branded product like the HiSource seems like a better idea to me.

I own one of the HiSource units too. I might end up using it as a 10 GbE repeater for a CAT6 run that is borderline too long, where using this switch inbetween would cut down the run by roughly 7-8 meters. :) For that reason, I haven't tested it all that much, but it has worked perfectly fine in the tests I have done.

If I don't end up needing it, it is still a very useful little switch to have. I paid roughly €37 including 25% VAT.

Reactions: SlowmoDK

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
I did the same with my CRS309-1G-8S+IN for VLANS when i bought it

But if u get the managed version of these cheap switches, u don't need one for each VLAN, but only for as many ports as needed
the managed version is like 5$ more than the unmanaged at this point in time

Also you can do link-aggregation (LACP) with the managed units

Last edited:
Reactions: blunden