EXPIRED HGST 6TB 7.2K RPM 3.5" SAS 12Gbps HDD $16.50 + sh

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bwahaha

Jun 9, 2023
HGST 0F22881 HUS726060AL5214 6TB 7.2K RPM 3.5" SAS 12Gbps

They're down to $13.20 for larger orders, and they absolutely respond to Buy It Now(edit: forgot this is a holiday weekend, so they may not be as responsive...).

This is some of the cheapest $/tb I've seen, anyway.

Last edited:

bwahaha

Jun 9, 2023
So, my order just arrived (same listing), and Ubuntu recognizes the drives as 6tb, and a quick format said it worked, and it said I put a folder and a couple of files on there. I'm doing a full-zero format, which Ubuntu says it'll take about 24 hrs.

Reactions: Samir and 2bluesc

Flintstone

Jun 11, 2016
At that price it is better to get one of the $40 8TB drives (helium). I have 48x 8TB and only lost two over the years.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
This thread reminds me of the situation I've observed way too many times:

A moron comes to a thread on a popular subject and posts some stupid garbage (i.e. factually incorrect information).
That post stays mostly ignored until another moron comes along and likes every post in the thread "just because they like the subject of the thread in general" (or for some other equally stupid reason).
And finally more morons come, interpret the likes of the stupid post as an endorsement of the false information in that specific post, continue to make up more bullshit (personal anecdotal evidence). The obvious falsehood becomes a "well-known fact".

All characters are fictional. All similarities are coincidental. (c)