Help securing my ATX PSU and/or identifying a server chasis I bought second hand

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Nov 19, 2020
I recently bought a 4U server from ebay (£30). It came as a complete package (chasis, PSU, motherboard, RAM, CPU, HDDs, GPU), but I was really only interested in the chasis, so I've taken out the (very old) guts and replaced everything, including the PSU (which is too low power and too noisy). The old PSU was a redundant supply, whereas the one I'm installing is an ATX PSU, and this is where my question comes from...

Is there a bracket / adapter / plate that I can buy for this server chasis, so that I can securely fix the ATX PSU? Will it be specific to this case, or can I buy a 'standard' 4U to ATX mounting bracket?.. In which case (fnarr!), what server chasis do I have (pictures attached)? It looks like an older version of an iStar D400, but the vents at the front don't match the pictures I've found online. So, in short:

• Can you help me fix my ATX PSU in the case (pictures attached)?
  • Can you help me identify what 4U server chasis I have bought?

The ATX PSU I'm trying to mount:
20231021_092328 (1).jpg 20231021_092313.jpg

The server chasis (an older version of an iStar D400?):
20231021_092437.jpg 20231021_092456.jpg 20231021_092424.jpg 20231021_092519.jpg

Nov 19, 2020
Looks like an iStar, although I don't see the exact drive bay config. Perhaps a D400L-7

The BOM lists P/N DD-D4UATX-C

Thanks elvisimprsntr - now I need to find a supplier... Or are there generic versions of that part? Comparing the hole placements to other chassis, it looks as though they're standardised; but I can't be sure from the info I've found.

elvisimprsntr

May 9, 2021
Florida
Thanks elvisimprsntr - now I need to find a supplier... Or are there generic versions of that part? Comparing the hole placements to other chassis, it looks as though they're standardised; but I can't be sure from the info I've found.
For the base model D400 it is listed as P/N BRT-D4UATX-C. Looks the same on the BOM exploded diagram

Everywhere I looked, it is listed as out of stock. Perhaps you can inquire directly with istar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip Richardson