Help requested, crossflash a Dell OEM LSI 9271 to LSI 9211 IT mode?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tare55

Oct 7, 2015
Hi,

I've been doing some research and reading up on flashing a LSI raid card into IT mode. Mainly from the link here: How-to Flash Supermicro X8SI6-F LSI SAS 2008 Controller with LSI IT Firmware Guide

And I also read that it was pretty popular among the FreeNAS community to use a M1015 and crossflash it to LSI 9211 with IT firmware. Unfortunately, I have a LSI 9271 Dell OEM and wanted to know if the same can be achieved with this particular model.

I plan to crossflash the card with 9211's "Package_P20_Firmware_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows" from the LSI website through efi or cmd.

I'm pretty new/noob when it comes to raids and HBAs and hope that someone on this forum can lead me to the right direction.

Many Thanks!

canta

Nov 26, 2014
lsi9271 is hardware raid , is NOT HBA. (someone already mentioned)
for IT, you need HBA card,

pick your LSI HBA card and can be flashed to IT.

---
I just flash IBM H1110 (aka SAS 2004), this card using mpt2sas (9211 uses mpt2sas).
flashing with 9211-4i firmware is easy wth efi. I am getting fond of efi now!! no more make dos bootable usb key and efi support longfile names too.
basically,
1) clear flash (DO NOT REBOOT)
2) save orginal firmware and bios from the card to usb key
3) flash 9211-4i IT firmware and bios to the card.
4) list available to make sure firmware and bios got update.
** you need to get sas2flash.ufi from previous lsi package since current package does has that.
or seach on the net. I got the file from the net, I believe from nvidia.... post (not remember the username exactly).