1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone had any problems with ebay seller "xtrememicro"?

Discussion in 'Processors and Motherboards' started by horse horse, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

I just sent them a note and a picture. Will find out.

2. chriscambridge

@Partick: Hopefully they will just send out the missing items; like you say, time will tell.

@Partriot: Were you talking about QS/QK/QH in relation to my comments?

If so I have never heard of QK or QH.. I just know the Intel Processor Identify software, and CPU-Z, shows it as non-ES/QS, and it has the full instruction set, and was Stepping 2, and Revision M0. So that is good enough for me; it works 100% fine.

@ElBerryKM13: You must realise that this seller is selling substantially numbers of CPUs.

For instance, the E5-2683 that I bought, this seller has already sold over $100,000 worth of these chips. A very quick glance at just some of his chips and it shows sales over $300,000. Which for Ebay is quite large numbers..

I think perhaps the seller just got confused over the previous order, and personally I would expect them to resend out replacements for the missing chips. When you are selling $100 of thousands of dollars worth of chips it does not really make much sense to rip someone off for a few hundred/thousand..

I am guessing they have fully audited stock levels and therefore will be able to see quite clearly how many got sent out. And it would be madness for them to lose clearly a very good customer such as Partick.

3. T_Minus

T_Minus Moderator

When I had a problem with out of country CPU seller and got no/wrong/missing item(s) I had to actually file a police report (locally, stupid) and then submit that claim # to ebay, and then ebay refunded me the $$ for the items that never showed up but showed as delivered. This was a different seller that had 100s of great feedback selling CPUs and then once I got mine he got near 40 negatives in 1 month!!

4. chriscambridge

@T_Minus
    You should post their username, so we can all avoid them.
    I guess like your example shows, the past is no guarantee for the future.
    Hopefully in this case it will all work out professionally.

5. StyM

StyM New Member

i always use hwtrade-e no issues so far...

Patrick likes this.
  6. ElBerryKM13

ElBerryKM13 Member

This man speak the truth. Unless the seller makes it right he will have to file a police report then open a ebay buyer protection case.

7. chriscambridge

Any updates on this so far Patrick?

8. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

Missing CPUs ended up arriving in a second package from a NY address, not via an expedited delivery. Not very happy given the extra time but they arrived.

chriscambridge likes this.
  9. Marsh

Marsh Moderator

I purchased 2 CPU from them, this morning , the seller sent me a message to inform me they have oversold and have no stock.
    Want to issue a full refund.
    Funny thing, they sold 4 more CPU after I purchased my 2 CPU.

No a big deal unless I need the 2 x CPU.

10. gustav9797

gustav9797 New Member

My 2683 v3 arrived in really good condition, no directly visible damages below, just a few light scratches above. Works great.

11. Nathan_P

Nathan_P New Member

I've used xtrememicro once for a pair of E5 v2 xeons and had no issues, I was also looking at a weird x5679 cpu for my mobo, a z8na. he came straight back and said it would not work as my mobo is limited to 95w cpu's and the x5679 was 115w.

As always everyone's experience is different.

12. Ondrej

Ondrej New Member

Seller "xtrememicro" is a swindler!
    I have ordered from him 2 Xeons, but I have cancelled the consignment.
    He never refund me the payment.
    I can send you details about the whole issue if you want.
    Also, I have found he is not anymore on ebay behind this name.
    Paypal & Ebay didn´t help me at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  13. chriscambridge

Did the 2 Xeons actually arrive? (even though you cancelled them)

14. Ondrej

Ondrej New Member

The thing is, I have ordered Xeons and paid for them.
    After a day or two I wanted to cancel the order so I wrote to the seller.
    He didn´t answer me and after a week I realized he just sent it to me.
    So, I wrote him that I will send it back when it will arrive. He agreed.
    The customs has confirmed me about the package in 2 weeks and I told them to send it back.
    After 3-4 weeks the seller didn´t answer me. I have checked the tracking number if the package is back in China. And.. it was there ! So I wrote him if he will refund it. And then, he started to claim that the package is not there. I have send him since that a lot of mails, copies from Fedex, etc.. and he still claimed that he didn´t get anything. Now it´s almost a year and I am not able to write him anymore because his account has vanished

15. chriscambridge

They were on Ebay up until a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry to hear you lost out.

Personally we have only had good experiences from this Seller.

16. horse horse

horse horse New Member

Who are you referring to with "we"? Clearly I (as extensively documented) had an unpleasant experience with that particular seller. And do did several others just weeks after I initially reported it (I am the one who started this thread). That we are not dealing with pastors and priests here is obvious but some sellers are shadier than others and this one definitely counts among the shadier ones. Selling while out of stock is outright dishonest if not fraudulent. Completely disengaging from any contact is unprofessional and very unpleasant when dealing with many hundreds if not thousands of unsecured dollars. Lost packages despite tracking adds to the icing on the cake. This is not an isolated case but a pattern that is developing with this seller. And as you can see, past experience may mean nothing, if I was someone who had to purchase now I would rather lean on the current negative reports than your past positive experience. Sorry if I come across as slightly agitated but I can't stand to treat unethical people and outright frauds (like that seller) with white gloves.

17. chriscambridge

Please do not have a go at me/us; I'm not the seller!

This seller has sold over a $Million dollars worth of chips, so they are no fly by night organisation.

If you had bought from me/us, and yet no package arrived after you said you had sent it, then to be honest we would also stop communication with you. What more could we say? Apart from perhaps, why did you not send the package by registered/tracked post?

That sounds very misleading and unfair; Is it not right for people to share their own experiences of this seller, good or bad? I am sure the users of this forum want a balanced record of reality rather than one that is biased and does not actually represents true fact?

You are right, the first Xeon we bought from this seller was a few months ago.. However,..

Just so everyone knows, we actually had a Xeon E5-2683V3 arrive TODAY from this "seller"!

2017-04-24 14:41:00,Arrival at Sorting Center, UNITED KINGDOM GBGBLALA
    2017-04-24 08:28:00,Arrival at Sorting Center, UNITED KINGDOM GBGBLALA
    2017-04-19 00:21:06,Despatch from Sorting Center, HeNanShengZhengZhouShi ZHENGZHOU
    2017-04-18 19:44:00,Posting, HeNanShengZhengZhouShi guojixiangmubu(yifenbu)

Obviously they are not called XtremeMicro anymore, but it is the same Chinese company.

If it turned out not to be an OEM Xeon E5-2683 V3, then in truth we/I would be quite surprised as we have found this company to be mostly professional and to provide quality processors at a fraction they would cost retail.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  18. chriscambridge

The CPU arrived just fine, its an OEM and it runs perfect. It had a couple of very minor scratches on it, but apart from that it was excellent.