Has anyone had any problems with ebay seller "xtrememicro"?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I purchased 2 CPU from them, this morning , the seller sent me a message to inform me they have oversold and have no stock.
Want to issue a full refund.
Funny thing, they sold 4 more CPU after I purchased my 2 CPU.

No a big deal unless I need the 2 x CPU.

Reactions: chriscambridge

Nathan_P

Apr 23, 2013
I've used xtrememicro once for a pair of E5 v2 xeons and had no issues, I was also looking at a weird x5679 cpu for my mobo, a z8na. he came straight back and said it would not work as my mobo is limited to 95w cpu's and the x5679 was 115w.

As always everyone's experience is different.

Ondrej

Apr 24, 2017
Seller "xtrememicro" is a swindler!
I have ordered from him 2 Xeons, but I have cancelled the consignment.
He never refund me the payment.
I can send you details about the whole issue if you want.
Also, I have found he is not anymore on ebay behind this name.
Paypal & Ebay didn´t help me at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ondrej

Apr 24, 2017
The thing is, I have ordered Xeons and paid for them.
After a day or two I wanted to cancel the order so I wrote to the seller.
He didn´t answer me and after a week I realized he just sent it to me.
So, I wrote him that I will send it back when it will arrive. He agreed.
The customs has confirmed me about the package in 2 weeks and I told them to send it back.
After 3-4 weeks the seller didn´t answer me. I have checked the tracking number if the package is back in China. And.. it was there ! So I wrote him if he will refund it. And then, he started to claim that the package is not there. I have send him since that a lot of mails, copies from Fedex, etc.. and he still claimed that he didn´t get anything. Now it´s almost a year and I am not able to write him anymore because his account has vanished

horse horse

Jan 5, 2017
Who are you referring to with "we"? Clearly I (as extensively documented) had an unpleasant experience with that particular seller. And do did several others just weeks after I initially reported it (I am the one who started this thread). That we are not dealing with pastors and priests here is obvious but some sellers are shadier than others and this one definitely counts among the shadier ones. Selling while out of stock is outright dishonest if not fraudulent. Completely disengaging from any contact is unprofessional and very unpleasant when dealing with many hundreds if not thousands of unsecured dollars. Lost packages despite tracking adds to the icing on the cake. This is not an isolated case but a pattern that is developing with this seller. And as you can see, past experience may mean nothing, if I was someone who had to purchase now I would rather lean on the current negative reports than your past positive experience. Sorry if I come across as slightly agitated but I can't stand to treat unethical people and outright frauds (like that seller) with white gloves.

They were on Ebay up until a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry to hear you lost out.

Personally we have only had good experiences from this Seller.

Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Please do not have a go at me/us; I'm not the seller!

This seller has sold over a $Million dollars worth of chips, so they are no fly by night organisation.

If you had bought from me/us, and yet no package arrived after you said you had sent it, then to be honest we would also stop communication with you. What more could we say? Apart from perhaps, why did you not send the package by registered/tracked post?

I would rather lean on the current negative reports than your past positive experience
That sounds very misleading and unfair; Is it not right for people to share their own experiences of this seller, good or bad? I am sure the users of this forum want a balanced record of reality rather than one that is biased and does not actually represents true fact?

You are right, the first Xeon we bought from this seller was a few months ago.. However,..

Just so everyone knows, we actually had a Xeon E5-2683V3 arrive TODAY from this "seller"!

2017-04-24 14:41:00,Arrival at Sorting Center, UNITED KINGDOM GBGBLALA
2017-04-24 08:28:00,Arrival at Sorting Center, UNITED KINGDOM GBGBLALA
2017-04-19 00:21:06,Despatch from Sorting Center, HeNanShengZhengZhouShi ZHENGZHOU
2017-04-18 19:44:00,Posting, HeNanShengZhengZhouShi guojixiangmubu(yifenbu)

Obviously they are not called XtremeMicro anymore, but it is the same Chinese company.

If it turned out not to be an OEM Xeon E5-2683 V3, then in truth we/I would be quite surprised as we have found this company to be mostly professional and to provide quality processors at a fraction they would cost retail.

Last edited: