Has anyone had any problems with ebay seller "xtrememicro"?

horse horse

Jan 5, 2017
I want to follow up and rectify couple points:

The seller (xtrememicro) eventually shipped and the 2 CPUs (E5 2650 v4) were eventually delivered. I just tested them and they seem to be running fine and because they consume less energy and run way cooler than my current dual E5 2690 v3 chips I decided to keep them.

But the whole shopping experienced left a pretty bad impression regarding this particular seller. It took an Ebay investigation and my credit card company to compel the seller to start engaging in a resolution and after he eventually shipped he offered me to either keep the chips when they arrive or else return them for a full refund. It should not go like this and to be honest I think it was probably a string of bad events on the seller's side. I am sure that he did not have inventory when he advertised the chips on Ebay and tried to stall despite me having asked BEFOREHAND whether he had inventory and he assured he had and that he would be shipping the ships within 3 business days after payment was received. That was not the case. But after all I received the chips and they perform as advertised.

Just wanted to follow up and be honest and reflect that the seller in the end held to his end of the bargain. Despite that I will in the future stick to Taobao which I have a much more reliable experience shopping at for items such as this.

Good luck to all others, I want to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this site, it provides a wealth of information and it enabled me to make an informed decision which chips to go with.

Hello,

I have ordered 2x E5-2650V4 CPUs almost a week ago and made prompt payment on Ebay. The seller has held up shipment for three days and claimed he never received payment. Then he mentioned that he received payment. Since then he/she has not been forthcoming in any communication nor has he/she shipped out anything. I am right before logging a complaint and refund claim with Ebay. Today even an email to his registered ebay email account has been rejected by Ebay's server and been returned to me.

I am just wondering, has anyone experienced problems or issues with "xtrememicro" on Ebay? I am a bit worried about the current situation, its not a fortune that was paid but still enough money to go after the seller. What worries me a bit is that the email sent to him/her has been returned as being erroneous by Ebay's server.

Am I dealing with a con artist?

Reactions: Patrick

Nanotech

Aug 1, 2016
@Nanotech hwtrade did use DHL.
I was told they would use DHL for Canada as well. Did they charge you brokerage, customs, or any other fees or only require signature? I'd assume though if they didn't charge you any extra fees it's probably because it was within the $800 US limit.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
One of my 4 was DOA. Same spec, same sockets and one never works. After 2 hours confirming it's DOA I feel like the best I'm going to come out is even money.

Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
That is the OEM V3 Xeon Chip that I just bought from ExtremeMicro.

I will be testing it out fully tomorrow when the DDR4 3200 RAM arrives, using a Asus X99 Duluxe motherboard.

Nanotech

Aug 1, 2016
That is the OEM V3 Xeon Chip that I just bought from ExtremeMicro.

I will be testing it out fully tomorrow when the DDR4 3200 RAM arrives, using a Asus X99 Duluxe motherboard.
Do you have a picture of the backside of the processor? Any chips or cracks in the pcb or scratched contact pads?

Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Not it all looks pretty good apart from a few minor dinks and scratches; to be honest a lot of the dinks/scratches are not really that visible to the eye, its only because these images are such hi-res and large that you can see them quite clearly.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
CPU-Z reports our CPU as OEM/Retail; basically there is no ES or QS in the specification.

Specification: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2683 V3 @ 2.00 GHz

Last edited:

Beerdude26

Feb 6, 2017
Ok, it's just that there's been a recent batch of ES being sold as OEM (around Jan 17), hence me asking for the Intel tool output.

Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
I am fairly confident that all these programs , be it CPU-Z, Intel processor diagnostic tool, or Intel processor identify utility, all work by querying the chip itself and getting it to report its actually specification.

Obviously, like you mentioned, there is no point in relying on the potentially re-stamped S-Spec code..

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Yeah it is fine.

There is no mention of ES or QS; previously screenshots on this software we have seen on these engineering samples say "This is an ES/QS...".

To be honest we had absolutely no problem with this seller. ES/QS chips were sold as such; The OEM we bought is clearly Tray/OEM and not a QS/ES version.

Obviously just to make sure, we paid by card so if we were sold ES/QS as OEM chips then we could just do a charge-back via our bank.

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Just as a heads-up. I ordered 8x CPUs from xtrememicro (had purchased 6 of the same model previously). Only 6 arrived in the box.

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
Um... if it is a QS chip (latest stepping of "ES" before production) and is the stepping that becomes production... it will show up as a retail chip... and have full functionality of it. QK chips should show up as retail. If they don't... they are QH and not QK...

Reactions: T_Minus

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I just sent them a note and a picture. Will find out.