Google Chromebook Pixel Running Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I bought one of these awhile back for a sit on the couch and browse system.

In other news... MULTI PAGE POST what?!?!

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
In other news... MULTI PAGE POST what?!?!
That did not take long.

We have a lot of feedback that some of our reviews are getting too long. I personally like the long page and ability to scroll. I do also appreciate comments that 3000+ word and 20+ image page loads are too big.

Chalk it up to doing some experiments.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
i like the longer posts for the same reason.
For the words, i think as long as they are broken up into paragraphs with headings then its fine regardless how long it gets.
As for images, you could place the smaller icons and when someone wants to they can click on it to make it larger.

Then again i have multi monitor setup that i use for 90% of my browsing. maybe my opinion would be different if I used a tablet or phone for 90% of my browsing vs my multi monitor setup.

Reactions: cactus

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
i also like single-page more, maybe lazy-loading images would help with bandwidth/responsiveness on mobile?

but, on the other hand, with multi-page posts you will for sure increase your pageviews ... o_O

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@_alex - rough estimates, making the change on 12 articles was a 1% in overall page view uplift this morning, but on some of the articles up to 45% more page views so you are right there. I looked at doing it on some of the shorter articles and it did not make sense. No rule of thumb on this just yet, but I am working on it. Pageviews are, of course, good but I am not going to have this turn into something I do not want to use.

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
yes, guess the more popular, longer articles will increase pageviews.
also, how do you handle canonicals on mutli-page posts ?
multiple urls without canoicals could also offer some potentials for seo if done right ;) (i.e. more urls, more title/h1/Meta-Description etc)

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
yes, guess the more popular, longer articles will increase pageviews.
also, how do you handle canonicals on mutli-page posts ?
multiple urls without canoicals could also offer some potentials for seo if done right ;) (i.e. more urls, more title/h1/Meta-Description etc)
That is what I should be doing. TBH we need a funding infusion to get a SEO person.