EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
After a week of testing without any hiccups whatsoever, both my boards have gone into full production mode today :)

Reactions: etorix

Iejciskor

Jan 5, 2024
have you updated the bios to f11 ?
Nope I have original F06 version. However I was considering to update.

I think your 5600 non x might be newer than factory shipped bios
That sounded quite plausible so I used BMC to update BIOS to f11. However in the update process it through an error a failed to update. The most surprising thing is that after that I am robustly getting POST. BMC still claims BIOS version f06 though. Magic… the system is fully functioning now. System inventory properly populated. All sensor data present. I can boot Linux.

Thanks a lot for the help!

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
That sounded quite plausible so I used BMC to update BIOS to f11. However in the update process it through an error a failed to update. The most surprising thing is that after that I am robustly getting POST. BMC still claims BIOS version f06 though. Magic… the system is fully functioning now. System inventory properly populated. All sensor data present. I can boot Linux.

Thanks a lot for the help!
That's great you have a working system now, not great with errors during update

I would try to reflash f11 again now you have a posting system

Hope you get all sorted

Cheers

Iejciskor

Jan 5, 2024
That's great you have a working system now, not great with errors during update

I would try to reflash f11 again now you have a posting system

Hope you get all sorted

Cheers
I will definitely try to update it again soon. But so far everything runs fairly smooth. Still figuring out power management setting for the CPU. With defaults it kinda generates quite some heat when running long. Enabled ECO mode in BIOS plus Global C0 and can see the difference. However CPU is still most of the time running at 2200MHz and VCORE is like most of the time staying at 0.9V. Anyone suggestions on that?

Reactions: SlowmoDK

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
I will definitely try to update it again soon. But so far everything runs fairly smooth. Still figuring out power management setting for the CPU. With defaults it kinda generates quite some heat when running long. Enabled ECO mode in BIOS plus Global C0 and can see the difference. However CPU is still most of the time running at 2200MHz and VCORE is like most of the time staying at 0.9V. Anyone suggestions on that?
I haven't played with bios yet, only thing i've done so far is enable the power save scheduler under proxmox

nilfisk_urd

Feb 14, 2023
other buyers report BMC is set to DHCP on delivery.
Yeah, after i changed the cpu to a 3600 and used one 2133 MHz Ram Stick, the BMC got a DHCP-Address. Now i've got another problem, after flashing the BMC to the newest firmware, the password printed on the box does not work anymore. admin:password also does not work. How do i reset the BMC password to default?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
after flashing the BMC to the newest firmware, the password printed on the box does not work anymore. admin:password also does not work. How do i reset the BMC password to default?
and what will be the default login then ? if the unique pw is gone what is set now ?
i think this is not the first time happen, if your google is back online...LOL

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
Yeah, after i changed the cpu to a 3600 and used one 2133 MHz Ram Stick, the BMC got a DHCP-Address. Now i've got another problem, after flashing the BMC to the newest firmware, the password printed on the box does not work anymore. admin:password also does not work. How do i reset the BMC password to default?
Damn u are unlucky
Flashing BMC, didn't change pass for me

Here is info for resetting the admin/password
BMC Unique Pre-Programmed Password Implementation Announcement | Security & Technical Advisory - GIGABYTE U.K.

Read the PDF

foogitiff

Jul 26, 2018
I have a spare Ryzen 5 2700 laying around, but it doesn't seems compatible with this board, it's 3000 only (and more if the bios is up-to-date). Can anyone confirm?

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
They slashed the price by about half on their ebay listings and reduced the before price in their store also.

Without cooler - 79,99€
with cooler - 89,99€
i belive the listing with cooler was 180-200€ originaly, the expired offer i got in my ebay history from favoriting it had it reduced to 160€.

Did not pick up any originaly, but seeing as they cut price on ebay i can try some offers i suppose :D
Maybe 30-35€ ex.vat. should work for a small stack of them.

Jannis Jacobsen

Mar 19, 2016
Norway
Has anyone tried using a gpu on this card?
Also, what would be the best bang for the buck cpu to use with this?
(Not been messing with AMD since the athlon xp1800+ days...)

-j

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Ive been looking at 3700x and 5700x if i get a stack of boards cheap.
8core/16thread and 65w like the cooler they got in the bundle is rated for.

They are about 100€ for 3700x and 140-160€ for 5700x used here.

Reactions: Jannis Jacobsen

Jannis Jacobsen

Mar 19, 2016
Norway
Is there any chance this would work?
Samsung 32GB PC4-17000 DDR4-2133MHz Registered ECC CL15 288-Pin

Can get these used and extremely cheap locally

-j