EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

alsenior

Member Member
Apr 19, 2016
Thats good to hear. the 4 i bought turn up on Wednesday si ill probably be doing the same thing.

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
Help !

everything hardware wise seems to be working on new board

but for the love of god I can't get proxmox to see any vlans ...

the same port config from switch don't seem to work on new host

but works fine in my production setup...

If I pass untagged vlan it works, but vlan stripping and tagged dosen't atm

EDIT : seems to be a mellanox issue, with a intel X550 vlans are working

2nd EDIT : got my Mellanox ConnectX-4-LX working with vlans :)

Last edited:

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
Watt usage with promox running and 65w CPU (3700X) + mellanox connect-x 4 25Gb with one link

1 nvme on 4x4x4x4 board

and crappy psu .. not even bronze i think

35w from wall idle

Last edited:

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
by my estimates, this build will hit about 150w at peak with 4 x nvme installed and running at full tilt , and with some tweaks get to 20-25 w idle

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
Are these udimms?

I’m still searching for a CPU and memory…closing in on a good deal for a 5900x. Hopefully it works out, would make a great upgrade for my current Skylake setup.
Yes UDIMMs

like these KSM32ED8/32HC

Good luck with the cpu hunt, I managed to find a local 5700x for just under 100€

Last edited:
Reactions: monotux

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
Hmm just had a read of the quick installation guide that came with board ..

In the QuickGuide the m2 slot is mentioned as x4 not x1..

I'll test speed tomorrow when new cpu arrives.

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
NVME slot is x1 confirmed

lspci -vv -s 06 | grep -w LnkCap
LnkCap: Port #6, Speed 8GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <64us

nilfisk_urd

Feb 14, 2023
Can anyone tell me the default ip of the BMC? I need to do a BIOS update for a 5800X3D and don't have a spare CPU that the current BIOS supports

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Can anyone tell me the default ip of the BMC? I need to do a BIOS update for a 5800X3D and don't have a spare CPU that the current BIOS supports
should be in DHCP mode. check your routers DHCP settings.(i.e. limit range of address to find easy)

Reactions: SlowmoDK

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
BMC is in DHCP mode out of the box.. just plug in cable and check your router for lease or use some network scanner

Originalus

Dec 22, 2020
Pio has a 1 year warranty

QUOTE : All articles offered by us are covered by a 12-month warranty and our competent support team is at your disposal for all technical inquiries.
Oh, good to know, but with forwarding service used it may not be an option. As i understand with global warranty we can contact local service center for gigabyte.

mattlach

Aug 1, 2014
That's a nice price, but man I'd be giving up quite a lot.

This from the specs page made me laugh out loud:

Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x1 interface
So, only Gigabit networking, m.2 is only one gen 3 lane (so it maxes out at ~985MB/s less NVMe overwhead?) and for those shortcomings, it doesn't even have a secondary 8x PCIe slot, so you can't install a server NIC of your own, almost all of which require 8x for some reason....

That, and there is only a TPM header, with an optional TPM 2.0 kit, which costs another $30, for those of you who were planning on running Windows 11 at some point (At this point there only 1 more year of Windows 10 left!)

Once you add the cost of the TPM kit and the motherboard together, there are much better boards at this price point.

The only real thing it has going for it is IPMI, which you don't really need in a workstation anyway, and the fact that it has verified ECC support.

I mean, the dual intel NIC's make it a potential pfsense solution, but I wouldn't do pfSense on AM4, as that uses way too much power, and is overkill. That, and you can't upgrade to 10gig due to lack of expansion.

I guess this could be an OK mid to low end Linux workstation, but that's about it, and in that configuration it comes with shortcomings, especially when it comes to NVMe (though I guess you could use a 4x to NVMe riser in that slot to bypass the slow M.2 slot.

Honestly, I don't know what I would do with this board. It feels like someone speced it out without knowing what they were doing.

Last edited:

netswitch

Sep 24, 2018
The layout is indeed not optimal but as a serverboard for virtualization node it would be fine.