[FS] [US-OH] Toshiba "MG06SCA800A" 8TB SAS 12 Gbps 3.5" HDDs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TheMadDutchDude

Oct 20, 2022
Hey guys,

This is my first post here, but someone (I'm sorry, I completely forgot who!) suggested that I try my luck over here as I have been successfully selling via the HomeLabSales on Reddit for a few years now. I'm trying to expand my reach and bring great deals to everybody, and my awesome customer service (if it is ever needed) as well. Everybody I have dealt with has been awesome so far, and I hope to continue doing this for a long time yet. My Reddit handle is also TheMadDutchDude, you can check out my posts/threads there if you would like to.

Toshiba "MG06SCA800A" 8TB SAS 12 Gbps 3.5" HDDs - $55 each.
I have had great success with a lot of people on Reddit with these. They are all around 6000-8000 POH and are in 100% healthy shape. They're super quiet and just work.

Shipping on the SSDs is free to anywhere in the continental US.

Shipping on the HDDs is charged at a flat $10 if you buy 1 to 4 drives, but I will cover the shipping on 5 or more. It's kind of an incentive to get an extra drive, but also helps me move some of the stock in my office.

I can ship overseas, but I prefer to keep the sales within the US due to shipping costs getting out of hand really quickly.

I have approximately 100 of these Toshiba 8TB drives left.

You can find some time stamps right here:
Edit: sold out of the PM1733 drives. If I get more, I'll add them back into the thread.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Welcome to STH! Glad to see you here with the deals!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all these drives are also typically tested in HD sentinel so they're solid with no bad blocks.

Magius

Oct 15, 2016
Orlando, FL
Thought I'd drop in to say I purchased 10 of these and they just arrived tonight, extremely well bubble wrapped. I have them in my server now running badblocks, so far so good. Most of them were ~6500 hours, the highest was 7500 and one was only 2000. Starts/Stops or Loads/Unloads were anywhere from 5 to 24, and not that HDDs have to worry about write cycles but these were essentially filled up once (9-10TB written) and then read constantly (>300TB read). Long story short, super clean barely used drives so as long as they survive the bad blocks run I'd be thrilled to buy more in the future.

• Love
Reactions: TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude

Oct 20, 2022
Thought I'd drop in to say I purchased 10 of these and they just arrived tonight, extremely well bubble wrapped. I have them in my server now running badblocks, so far so good. Most of them were ~6500 hours, the highest was 7500 and one was only 2000. Starts/Stops or Loads/Unloads were anywhere from 5 to 24, and not that HDDs have to worry about write cycles but these were essentially filled up once (9-10TB written) and then read constantly (>300TB read). Long story short, super clean barely used drives so as long as they survive the bad blocks run I'd be thrilled to buy more in the future.
Ayyy, I appreciate the kind words and I am glad that they got there safetly as well. I've got plenty more, come get 'em! :)

I've dropped the prices on the U.2 drives as well, they are more in line with what they should be able to fetch. $300 was a bit of a stretch.

TheMadDutchDude

Oct 20, 2022
Corrected the OP and giving this one a bump! I've still got plenty of these pristine 8TB drives to go around.

I also have 10TB Seagate Exos drives that I can add in if there is any interest. I will take new timestamps before conducting business with these.