EU [FS] Supermicro A2SDI-2C-HLN4F in CSE-101F - 2 Units

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hydra1981

Jul 19, 2015
Hi,

I have for sale these mildly used systems by Supermicro. 2 units.

Chassis: Supermirco CSE-101F
Motherboard: A2SDI-2C-HLN4F
CPU: Intel Atom C3338 dual core
Networking: Quad gigabit Ethernet + IPMI
Memory: 2 x 8GB in one unit (16GB total), 2 x 16GB in the other unit (32GB total)
No storage
Extras: One rackmounting kit for one of the units
Both units have Noctua fans and they run very cool and very quiet. This processor doesn't need more cooling really.

EUR 750 for both units (i.e. for all of the above) + shipping. EU only please.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

hydra1981

Jul 19, 2015
do you know how much power they draw from the wall when idle / in os?
I don't know but I'll try to find out and I'll report back. They are in general extremely low power, the processor has a TDP of 8.5W. The rest is the peripherals, fans, network, memory etc. I would be surprised if the whole thing idles at more than a few Watts.

Reactions: Samir

hydra1981

Jul 19, 2015
I can sell them separately.

Unit 1 : 32GB RAM version plus rack-mounting kit. EUR 350 + shipping
Unit 2 : 16GB RAM version without rack-mounting. EUR 250 + shipping

Open to offers

etorix

Sep 28, 2021
The chassis are very cool for a small server or a firewall appliance. (Are the Supermicro power bricks are included?)
But the C3338 may feel underwhelming for virtualisation or running many containers. I suppose they would do for a small "storage-only" NAS… but then in a different chassis.

Last edited:

hydra1981

Jul 19, 2015
There is definitely 1 Supermicro power brick included. I am sure I have a second one but I need to dig it out. The second machine was never deployed so the power brick stayed in some box somewhere. I need to find it. It was either an original Supermicro or an aftermarket one. The power bricks are not something special, they can be purchased anywhere (aftermarket) as long as they have the correct wattage (I believe 60W) and DC amperage output (5A) at 12V. Will report back tomorrow. Any electronics store that sells power bricks for laptops etc should have them for like $30-$40 for a good quality one. The power consumption in these systems is so low (9W CPU TDP) that the current these things are pulling in will never approach the theoretical max the brick can provide (so no stresses).

etorix

Sep 28, 2021
What's special with the Supermicro power bricks is the locking mechanism to the CSE-101F chassis.

ericloewe

Apr 24, 2017
That and an absent PSU means an extra 30 bucks minimum - more if you want a Supermicro unit - purchase, which affects the deal.

hydra1981

Jul 19, 2015
@etorix I couldn't find a second power supply lying around (although I am still convinced I have one spare). It wouldn't be a Supermicro power supply though. I think 500 EUR + shipping is a good deal for the two units even if 1 PSU is missing (is that screw really that important?). I guess the rack mounting kit might not be for everyone. The 1 PSU available is Supermicro. I am willing to drop the shipping cost (I'll gift it!) if in the EU and bought as is.

etorix

Sep 28, 2021
Well, if these were C3558 these little systems would have long been sold at or over the initial asking price, but the C3338 is seriously underwhelming. Which means that the Supermicro cases become a significant element of the deal—and that then includes the PSU (I very much like the screwing lock).

PM sent.