FS: Lots of Supermicro servers/motherboards, DDR4 RDIMMs, drives, etc

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Zelle preferred as PayPal fees add up. Will also entertain trades since I like new toys and rotate through hardware regularly, though currently not in need of a whole lot. I think my reputation should help: Heatware

Local pickup available in Phoenix. Will ship internationally.

$459 shipped - ASRock D1541D4U-2T8R - Includes 128GB ECC RAM. Pretty comprehensive motherboard with Xeon D-1541, integrated dual 10GbE, SAS3, a pair of M.2 slots, and two more PCIe slots on top of that.

$275 shipped (or $319 shipped globally) - Supermicro X11SSH-GF-1585L - Has an integrated Xeon E3-1585L v5. Also includes 64GB in ECC SODIMMs (can do 32GB if desired). What's not to like about a 45W TDP CPU with a GT4e GPU (which even has 128MB DRAM) for QSV? Still get the usual things like IPMI and support for 22110 M.2 SSDs. Hard to beat as a file server. If you want a 1U chassis with this, let me know. I have those too.

$999 shipped - Supermicro F629P3-RTBN - Quad node 4U Cascade Lake barebone with NVMe support. Each node comes with a dual 10GbE SIOM card. 32 total hot-swap bays, with the rear 8 supporting NVMe. One node has been upgraded with a SAS HBA.

$139 each - All Sold - Samsung PM9A3 1.92TB U.2 NVMe SSDs. Brand new! Only powered on briefly to test.

$449 - Sold - Supermicro 1019P-WTR - Backplane has 2 U.2 connectors, so you could easily use NVMe drives in the front bays.

$349 - Sold - Supermicro 5019C-WR - Also includes a Xeon E-2234 and a 16GB ECC UDIMM.

$1199 - Sold - Supermicro SYS-620BT-DNTR - Dual node 2U Ice Lake barebone with all NVMe hot-swap on the front. Chassis is not pristine, but has no major damage. You'll need to supply your own heatsinks and rails.

$499 - Sold - Supermicro 2028TP-HC1R-SIOM - Quad node 2U 2011-3 barebone. This is the rarer SIOM variant that permits the use of 2 PCIe cards. Dual 10GbE SIOM card included with each node. Note that there is some minor damage to some of the nodes. Generally should not impact functionality (can provide photos). Rails included as well. Pick it up locally and I'll throw in a bit of discount.

$10 each - All Sold - 16GB DDR4 ECC RDIMMs - Micron/Crucial branded and 2133 speed.

$80 each - All Sold - 12TB Western Digital white label (SATA).

$269 - Sold - Supermicro X10SRi-F - Also includes Xeon E5-1650 v4, 128GB in DDR4 RDIMMs, and 1U heatsink.

$189 - Sold - Supermicro 5019S-WR - Also includes a Xeon E3-1225 v5 and 32GB in ECC UDIMMs. There is room for an internal 2.5" SSD on top of the 4 x 3.5" hot-swap bays. Even has a Windows 10 Pro COA on top. Can add a LSI 9361-4i + BBU for another $50.

$639 - Sold - Supermicro E200-8D - Comes with 64GB in RDIMMs, 256GB SSD, and the power brick.

$599 - Sold - Supermicro E300-8D - Comes with 64GB in RDIMMs and power brick.

$849 - Sold - Supermicro X10SDV-7TP8 - The top end 16-core Xeon D-1587 model with SAS2 2116 integrated. Also includes 64GB in RDIMMs.

$429 - Sold - Supermicro X11SCZ-F + Xeon E-2176G + 32GB ECC UDIMMs

$30 each - All Sold - Intel S3610 800GB - 100% SMART health (except for one that is 99%). Retail Intel, not OEM.

$120 each - All Sold - 12TB Western Digital Red Pro.

$100 each - All Sold - 12TB Seagate Exos X16.

Last edited:

Jorge Perez

Dec 8, 2019
It just seems like a waste to have that motherboard in a 1U chassis, but not include even a SATA SFF 8643 to use the drive bays up front.

So you have to add an HBA in the only PCI-E slot.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
It just seems like a waste to have that motherboard in a 1U chassis, but not include even a SATA SFF 8643 to use the drive bays up front.

So you have to add an HBA in the only PCI-E slot.
The motherboard has 4 SATA ports free right above the PCIe slots, so you don't need to use any HBA. Also, it has 3 PCIe slots in 1U, not just one. :)

Jorge Perez

Dec 8, 2019
I almost jumped on it until i realized that's a bait over the going rate, yours is very clean though.

XeonSam

Aug 23, 2018
My lawd! Your pics are so well taken.

Are you a professional photographer or what? That's professional lighting I am seeing.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
My lawd! Your pics are so well taken.

Are you a professional photographer or what? That's professional lighting I am seeing.
Thanks! While photography is a hobby of mine, this is a lot simpler than that.

You might be surprised that the only light is coming from the ceiling lamp in my bedroom actually. $2 of white fabric on the floor for the background and a whiteboard held above the item to block direct light (camera is on a tripod with a timer so I can use both hands). Wish I could say I had a bunch of studio lights with softboxes or diffusers.

Barely takes any extra effort to make the photos look good, so might as well. :)

XeonSam

Aug 23, 2018
Thanks! While photography is a hobby of mine, this is a lot simpler than that.

You might be surprised that the only light is coming from the ceiling lamp in my bedroom actually. $2 of white fabric on the floor for the background and a whiteboard held above the item to block direct light (camera is on a tripod with a timer so I can use both hands). Wish I could say I had a bunch of studio lights with softboxes or diffusers.

Barely takes any extra effort to make the photos look good, so might as well. :)
Barely any effort? Most of us just use our phones and at a bad angle with little touch ups. You've just integrated years of know-how into selling your gear. Tripod, whiteboard, white fabric. Do you photoshop to crop or reduce size/res? Or is it just windows image viewer? I'm not joking, this is better than what you normally see on ebay!

I'm going to try this myself... just need the tripod to replicate the magic.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Barely any effort? Most of us just use our phones and at a bad angle with little touch ups. You've just integrated years of know-how into selling your gear. Tripod, whiteboard, white fabric. Do you photoshop to crop or reduce size/res? Or is it just windows image viewer? I'm not joking, this is better than what you normally see on ebay!

I'm going to try this myself... just need the tripod to replicate the magic.

Oh, what camera are you using? Are you using a 50mm lense?
I consider it minimal effort because it takes but a few seconds to roll out the fabric, grab the tripod, and take some photos. Processing is maybe 15 seconds per photo (crop if needed, white balance, auto levels).

I use Lightroom instead of Photoshop (faster workflow for basic processing). Some images are cropped, but some aren't (like the servers). For resizing, you honestly won't see much of a difference no matter what software you use (even Microsoft Paint is fine for things like this).

For camera, Panasonic GX8. Lens is a Panasonic/Leica 10-25mm (25-50mm equiv). Really you could use anything. Doesn't need to be a fancy camera or lens. Can even get a tripod mount for your phone.

Here's the setup (blinds go down when actually taking photos). Feel free to PM me if you want some tips.

XeonSam

Aug 23, 2018
I think the setup / pic you just showed us is the best part of this post. Someone should sticky this to the top of BUY/SELL category.
Dedication is all I can say.

Got a cheap tripod this morning, it's coming in on Monday.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Sold a few things and prices dropped on some of the remainder.

Guide is still on my to-do list. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Reactions: Weapon

tiro_uspsss

Feb 27, 2011
May I please have more details on the 16GB DDR4? (pics?)

Would these sticks work in a SuperMicro X10 series mobo? (E5 26xx V4 CPUs)
How many sticks do you have?

cheers

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
May I please have more details on the 16GB DDR4? (pics?)

Would these sticks work in a SuperMicro X10 series mobo? (E5 26xx V4 CPUs)
How many sticks do you have?

cheers
32 of the 2133 and 12 of the 2400 as of this post. They will indeed work with Supermicro X10 series motherboards (it's what they were used with previously actually).