EU Found - WTB/WTT Xeon E3 v6 1270 or better

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Hi,

anyone got a 1270v6 or better they want to get rid off? Considering upgrading my 1220's to a higher base clock if I can get away with it cheaply enough.
Happy to trade as well o/c (see my various FS threads, or let me know if you need something else that I might have).

Could use 3 or possibly 4 depending on price

Thanks

Edit - Settled for 1245 v6's.

Last edited:

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
Oh my goodness, I'm looking for EXACTLY the same CPU!! If you find any particularly interesting information and you don't mind sharing, please could you let me know any tips? Thank you!!

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Found one for €180 the other day, contacted the seller, he said 160 would be fine.
Unfortunately he sent out the offer to all watchers and before I saw the email somebody else had snagged it - missed it by 5 mins or so :/

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Yeah still could use some, but that one prefers trade it seem.
EU also would probably be better unless its cheap enough to offsett international shipping & 20%tax

But thanks:)

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
Thanks for the heads up @Rand__ !! I have to remind myself to use as much of the hardware as I already have before splashing out on new hardware. I've been focused on a job application, which I don't want to jinx yet, and I've decided not to buy anything that isn't essential until I've had at least a few paychecks come in.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Very good,
with my speed of selling its probably still there in a couple of months unless somebody hits me up :p

Best of luck for the j.a.!

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
This CPU is for a NAS, and the board is a mini-ITX ASRock Rack E3C236D2I. But the chassis I was planning to use, U-NAS 810A, is out of stock due to manufacturing shortages (according to email correspondence with U-NAS). In the meantime I'm going to use a tower chassis (FD Define XL R2 and Supermicro X9SCM-F), and hope the noise reduction is sufficient.

I'm trying to finish a few projects in the next few weeks, mainly NAS'es and workstations (including a POWER9 in a SuperChassis SC747) and then have a massive hardware selloff.

I have a lot of really great 2U, twin-node, 2p X9, 6-bay per node servers that I was going to use for a project that failed due to my relationship with my project partner going sideways (I pulled out because I had a bad feeling, plus I got very ill). Anyway, I'll be selling a lot of great hardware that would more-or-less give the buyer a hyperconverged cluster out of the box, with the only catch being pick-up only. I'm really sad about it, but I need to concentrate on my family, and the POWER9 universe plus my digitial media projects are more than enough to keep me occupied. Not to mention these multimedia-specific, application-specific NAS'es that I'm designing and am excited about.

Reactions: Rand__