FlexLOM IB/EN cards for the HP s6500/s230 $45

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

themelon

Jan 26, 2016
They are x8 but the pinout is different. I tried one in a Supermicro board last night and it didnt show up but it also didn't fry the board. In comparing the FlexLOM and a normal x8 it appears as though the extra pin spacing for x1 & x4 have been left off and thus moved the actual PCIe differential pairs a few contact points in.

josh

Oct 21, 2013
How do you guys get it for so low? Do you start high and go lower? Seller refuses to budge below $37

raileon

Jun 22, 2016
How do you guys get it for so low? Do you start high and go lower? Seller refuses to budge below $37
This seller upped the lowest he would take when he realized there was demand. themelon got 8x @$30, I was only able to get him down to $32 for x14.

Checkout Zankza's seller alan_computech_intl, the part is the same but refurbished instead of new. He already has a sale going on for his entire inventory where you buy +$50 and you get 20% but he might be willing to go even lower depending on the quantity you want.

themelon

Jan 26, 2016
Yeah, I think I was only the 2nd person to make an offer and the first of quantity.

I screwed one of mine up yesterday though. Being a dumba$$ I was trying to use a screwdriver to compress the plastic clips holding on the heatsink and managed to shear off about 3-4 of the tiny capacitors.

themelon

Jan 26, 2016
This seller upped the lowest he would take when he realized there was demand. themelon got 8x @$30, I was only able to get him down to $32 for x14.

Checkout Zankza's seller alan_computech_intl, the part is the same but refurbished instead of new. He already has a sale going on for his entire inventory where you buy +$50 and you get 20% but he might be willing to go even lower depending on the quantity you want.
Got one from Alan Tech yesterday for $30

raileon

Jun 22, 2016
Yeah, I think I was only the 2nd person to make an offer and the first of quantity.

I screwed one of mine up yesterday though. Being a dumba$$ I was trying to use a screwdriver to compress the plastic clips holding on the heatsink and managed to shear off about 3-4 of the tiny capacitors.
I've done this to motherboards before. A few weeks ago I sliced off a cap on a dell r620 installing a new network daughter card with a very sharp rear heatsink. I just soldered it back on.

As long as there is no damage to the pcb or the caps themselves you can usually just solder the items back into place. Although in this case since the cards are so cheap to begin with it might not be worth taking the risk.

themelon

Jan 26, 2016
I have fixed them before myself as well. I shattered at least 3 caps so I have no idea what to replace them with. Not even worth trying since Alan Tech had no issue accepting a $30 BO.