Flashing the LSI2308 on a SuperMicro X10SL7-F motherboard to IT mode: where is firmware version 16?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ocalderon1492

Mar 8, 2015
I tried just now and am getting the same error message. I suggest trying tomorrow when the regular day-crew is back. Otherwise, if you can't wait, earlier in this thread someone posted a link to somewhere on the LSI website.
The ftp.supermicro.com has not been working for about 3 days now, but it doesn't matter. I was able to get the P16 IT FW for the LSI 2308 from ASRock and used the UEFI tool from LSI.com

I did not apply the ROM firmware (from what I understand it is the LSI 2308 BIOS FW) as I've read in different forums that it helps speed up the boot up process. (Haven't seen any improvement so far).

Also my SAS address did not change so that went well.

Screenshots:
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/762fkazh8l8g6ez/AAAcE3nsB5mXJGUuxjUA60AKa

Diverge

Feb 24, 2014
If you use generic firmware from LSI, or another motherboard manufacturers firmware, then at worst you lose the ability to disable the option rom within the motherboard bios (so you have to wait longer at post). Or you can just not flash the ROM firmware (as mentioned above), if you don't need access to that menu for whatever reasons.