Flashing a DELL H310 to IT mode

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Nik14567

Aug 19, 2021
I am very new to RAID/HBA cards and to flashing them. I read through nearly all big guides (e.g. techmattr, etc.) on how to flash this card to IT mode.

The files I used for flashing are from a link to a zip-folder provided in techmattr's guide (folder date: 2016-05-24)

I have provided pictures of the whole process for more context.

The big issue arises when I tried to flash from DELL's IT firmware (6GBPSAS.fw) to LSI's p7 IT firmware (2118it.bin) using sas2flash.efi(v5).
In the process of flashing from DELL to LSI firmware an EFI prompt asks me whether I'd like to flash anyway after identifying differing NVDATA Product ID and Vendor ID.
A milisecond after clicking "y" following message is displayed:

Firmware image validation Failed!

From reading other people's problems while flashing I would expect more context. I would expect something like : "Cant flash IT Firmware over IR Firmware".
(To see everything that has been displayed during this process, pictures are provided)

After following different guides and files, I always end up with the same error.

I'd really apreciate if someone had an idea of where to start or what else to try.

I'm sorry if I left out some relevant information. I will try to answer as often as possible if more info is needed.

My Process:

1. write sbrempty.bin in DOS
2. cleanflash (DOS)
reboot
3.Flash DELL IT FW to card
reboot
4.Flash LSI p7 IT FW <-Problem

Attachments