Firmware updates for the ZX-SWTG1C8F-H / 10g080gsm / OM-FG4200-8TF / generic Realtek 8 port SFP+ switches ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MountainBofh

Mar 9, 2024
I just got my Horaco 8 port SFP+ switch in. As expected, its a generic Realtek type switch. I'll write up a quick review of it soon, but was curious if there's any known firmware updates for these switches? My current firmware is version HS_1.0.0.0 , dated May 16 2023 - 22:52:42

Thanks in advance!

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
I don't remember seeing people discussing those 8 port SFP+ switches yet. Therefore you will likely have to contact the seller to ask if there are any firmware updates.

I'm curious, did you check what chip itself based on? If it uses the same management software as my RTL930x Hasivo switch, you should be able to find out from the CLI by running "show tech-support board" (or something similar). :)

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Just ran the command and got back "RTL9303-8XTGE"
Thanks! Looking at the chart here, that makes perfect sense. :)

If it uses the same management software stack as my Hasivo unit (which seems likely based on using the same CLI), you likely have the same two hidden OEM menus as well as possibly commented out IPv6 menus (also available to configure via the CLI).

MountainBofh

Mar 9, 2024
Thanks! Looking at the chart here, that makes perfect sense. :)

If it uses the same management software stack as my Hasivo unit (which seems likely based on using the same CLI), you likely have the same two hidden OEM menus as well as possibly commented out IPv6 menus (also available to configure via the CLI).
It does indeed have the hidden menu's. Had a little fun giving my switch a more amusing name. Also made sure to set the factory IP to something less retarded than 192.168.0.1.

Reactions: blunden