EU EU/Ger - Quanta TS42-2U 4node scalable (pure compute)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
These specific units are so cheap because of the 'low-end' motherboards of the nodes which allow low-end Bronze/Silver/Gold CPU's only. Take little bit more money in your hands and get nice Nutanix nodes for better high-end CPU support > 205W/255A which are also thrown out the last 2-3 months.

EDIT: The Bargainhardware units are similar to the Nutanix nodes

alsenior

Member Member
Apr 19, 2016
what is noise like on these does anyone know? I'm expecting very noisy as alot of quanta gear is.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
These specific units are so cheap because of the 'low-end' motherboards of the nodes which allow low-end Bronze/Silver/Gold CPU's only. Take little bit more money in your hands and get nice Nutanix nodes for better high-end CPU support > 205W/255A which are also thrown out the last 2-3 months.
The stripped boards was the appeal for me originaly, pure compute nodes with as little overhead as possible.

For higher end specs i love 2U2N like the nutanix/supermicro units that pop up now and then fairly cheap.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
who cares ? there is usualy no person in a server room sleeping.
When the wife and dog start to snore, the garage with the servers is mine ...
The stripped boards was the appeal for me originaly, pure compute nodes with as little overhead as possible ...
Yeah I like to watch people with little overhead as possible. When they have to jump, they always .....

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
what is noise like on these does anyone know? I'm expecting very noisy as alot of quanta gear is.
Speak for yourself :D . Also I'm looking to use them at home and the noise of 2u units tends to vary wildly hence asking
There are custom solutions out there where you can swap the high rpm fans with water-cooling solutions. Seen these for 2U2N solutions more often than in 2U4N solutions. But they are definitely out there, costly for the whole barebone, but take away a lot of noise and heat. You could contact Alphacool and work with them for a custom solution. Done that on usual 2U & 1U1N servers and it worked great.