ES Xeon Discussion

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

strategyfreak

Aug 14, 2016
ok I'm getting two of these.

351746585659 | eBay

although this one is cheaper and the cpu-z shows a stepping of 2 and revision M0 similar to the other one.

272254848452 | eBay

I'm confused right now which one should I get ?
They look identical from the cpu-z data. There's a number of other sellers (although most are overseas) selling the same processor (not the ES versions) at the $350 price point, so I would think its legit. I would take that chance to save $300 with the only cost being a longer shipping time, especially since the overseas sellers have very good feedback.

strategyfreak

Aug 14, 2016
yeah 300$ is a substantial amount in my build. they could buy me a motherboard.
Alternatively for $500 you could get the 2686v3, which offers you 4 more cores and potentially a higher turbo speed

Here is the promised build for my recent dual ES xeon E5-2689 v4
View attachment 3217 View attachment 3218

I works stable and great so far for heavy rendering. Too bad, just a windows OS thing, some application could not use the second CPU to render a file. I might need Linux for affinity stuff
Do you notice any issues with rendering (i.e. artifacts, etc) that arise from the ES nature of the chips? Some ES chips have bugs and missing functionality. Which programs are you having trouble with using all CPUs?

Also what motherboard are your running? you mentioned considering the asus z10 ws boards. Any luck doing BCLK overclocking as well?

Last edited:

flixujin

Jul 31, 2016
Do you notice any issues with rendering (i.e. artifacts, etc) that arise from the ES nature of the chips? Some ES chips have bugs and missing functionality. Which programs are you having trouble with using all CPUs?

Also what motherboard are your running? you mentioned considering the asus z10 ws boards. Any luck doing BCLK overclocking as well?
I just notices that the clock speed is lower (0.4 Ghz lower) This is expected from ES cpu, nah but it works fine so far, no bugs or glitches.

Jimxz

Aug 10, 2016
all dual socket motherboards are 350+ $ and the export fees are 120+ $ !! could you help please

Jimxz

Aug 10, 2016
I'm not talking about shipping costs

Import charges:
$252.74 (amount confirmed at checkout)
No additional import charges on delivery

TLN

Feb 26, 2016
I'm not talking about shipping costs
Import charges:
$252.74 (amount confirmed at checkout)
No additional import charges on delivery
What country? May be ask seller to pay via paypal(Without ebay at all). Potentially this will could save you ~10% and any taxes.
Or just find friends in US, ship there?

ps. Guys, I'm trying to decide if I want Dual CPU system or not. If yes - it will be 2x 2658. If single CPU - may be something faster or just stick with 2658v3.
I can run 2658 v3 on regular x99 mobos, right?
Pretty much all I need is ability to put several PCI-X devices (long slot) and 8 mem slots.

TheJackal83

Jul 31, 2016
Here is the promised build for my recent dual ES xeon E5-2689 v4
View attachment 3217 View attachment 3218 View attachment 3219
I works stable and great so far for heavy rendering. Too bad, just a windows OS thing, some application could not use the second CPU to render a file. I might need Linux for affinity stuff
Hey good for you! 4200+ score in CB 15. looks good. I need to wait before I can install my mobo and cpu'ste I just ordered the thermaltake core WP2000 case. So that I can put my server/render node ( E5 2670 also from ebay ) and workstation in one! case.
I was building my own case but that was not going to well.
cheers!

Last edited: