Enterasys 24 Port Gigabit POE switch $59 shipped (OBO)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mixtecinc

Feb 18, 2013
So, I am wondering what the best way is to connect
two of these switches so you have a 10 gigabit connection between the two switches?

Thanks

james23

Nov 18, 2014
fyi, the peak of 802.3af is 15.4 watts per port, i doubt the 2 x APs are using that much (prob using 7-12watts) and the ip cam may be using 10-15 watts, so you are looking at about 40+ watts just for the switch without any devices plugged in. i have a 16 port random brand NON POE gig switch and its pulling 7 watts, with 10 non poe devices plugged in all at gig speeds.

james23

Nov 18, 2014
yes, its def a "dumb" switch, no layer 2/3 stuff nor any interface of any kind, i was just posting it as a point of reference for power usage.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
seller accepted $50.

----------------------------------------------
any tips on how to upgrade the firmware?..

apnar

Mar 5, 2011
Word of warning to anyone with one of these. Do not replace the button battery on the board. I had the cover off and was cleaning the board up, figured why not replace the battery while I had it open. Doing so makes it un-bootable, can't even get to the boot menu. Found a post discussing the issue and was able to bring it back to life by shorting a couple pins on one of the memory chips then pushing new firmware over serial. It would still hang on power cycle though, so I tried a few other things and bricked it for good.

If anyone wants one for parts let me know :(

Reactions: lmk

apnar

Mar 5, 2011
Any chance you could pop the panel back off and post a picture of the internal layout?

Just trying to figure out if/how I'd upgrade the fans before I pull the trigger on one of these. Debating between this and a Quanta LB4M switch.
I wouldn't compare this with the LB4M, different use cases. This is gig-e only and main draw was POE (which LB4M doesn't have). The draw of the LB4M is the 10 gig ports (which this doesn't have).

canta

Nov 26, 2014
Word of warning to anyone with one of these. Do not replace the button battery on the board. I had the cover off and was cleaning the board up, figured why not replace the battery while I had it open. Doing so makes it un-bootable, can't even get to the boot menu. Found a post discussing the issue and was able to bring it back to life by shorting a couple pins on one of the memory chips then pushing new firmware over serial. It would still hang on power cycle though, so I tried a few other things and bricked it for good.

If anyone wants one for parts let me know :(
do you have newest firmware?
if yes, please share to me with "how to flash the firmware" .

Thnx