ECS LIVA

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
Then I must be doing something wrong or this unit is wasn't done all the Rufus created ones just get shipped and it goes straight through to the failed install. Guess I can I unpack the other one to see what I did wrong.

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
@RandyC I figured out why the screen was going black, it was a bug in the Linuxbench code that I had to fix. Good news for @Patrick though, you should now be able to run it on your Amazon micro instance. p7zip was compiling everything in parallel and hung the machine. @Patrick you will have to update the hosted copy. The one on GitHub is correct.

@HellDiverUK Thanks for reminding me to try that again. Finally got it to work and am able to make consistent UEFI images now. This board is UEFI only (can't drop to legacy) so I'm not used to it.

The chip runs all tests at 1.568Mhz, doesn't seem to boost to the 2Ghz since there is probably no thermal headroom. Ubuntu works great, CentOS not so much. Likewise with Windows Server 2012 R2 (reboot loop). Should have test results in the morning.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@Chuckleb you are awesome. We did know that on ultra low end gear linux-bench.com will take longer. Remember when big 2P E5's were taking 4+ hours though?

That price is tempting... and it it my birthday today... Self present time?

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
Since the LIVA has a m.2 port on it, is it possible to skip the WiFi card and put in a SSD? This might allow me to get Win2K12 working since I assume that the HDD goes missing (eMMC) though Windows 8 works... Regardless, if I could sub that out for a SATA port/SSD (they have converters online to present a SATA port), this could be fun. I've never used the m.2 form factor till now.

At this cost, still worth it for something.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
@Chuckleb
I was thinking buying the ECS LIVA kit, and did some research on the LIVA. I forgot where I read it, the m.2 port is not suitable for SSD storage device, it is only for IO.
Please double check.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Not able to fix a SSD into the m.2 slot is the deal breaker for me. I'll wait for a 64gb storage version of ECS.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I am waiting for the real street price of 64gb version.
I am hoping there will be a "fire sale" for the 64gb version in 6 to 9 months time.

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
Yeash, the preliminary prices of the white on eBay are about $260, ~65% premium. @Marsh, maybe you should look at the other AIO that @Patrick mentioned, the Zotac. I may grab one of those up and see, there are many in that market. They are basically this but no internal drive and more power. I might send back my second one and grab that to test.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Results are in:

ref_link: 03311409471583, seems better than the small aws at least. It took about 2.5 hours.
It's too bad l-b can't have these in a comparison table. Or at least a place to save all of the ref id's so we can't find results easily