Economical GPU for DIY Proxmox Server

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gregoinc

Apr 27, 2023
Long time reader. This is my first post... I am currently building a proxmox server based on the Supermicro H11SSL-i motherboard and 32 core EPYC CPU.

My old proxmox server nexver had a GPU, and whilst I didn't have many requirements for a GPU, I wanted to add a GPU in this build. The GPU wont provide any graphics, but I may use a HDMI port for server video instead of the built in VGA port. I had considered the nvidia tesla t4, but not sure that is a good way to go.

So I am looking for suggestions on possible GPU cards that are economical, value for money, and could provide proxmox pass through if required. As a long time reader I respect suggestions from the folks in this forum.

Reactions: T_Minus

gregoinc

Apr 27, 2023
Why not get a 6500XT?
Wow, looks good... and the prices are really good. Thanks for the tip.

Edit: Only concern I have, it's a dual slot card... and I might be squeezed with pcie slots. Might there be any GPU options similar to this that only require a single slot?

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Wow, looks good... and the prices are really good. Thanks for the tip.

Edit: Only concern I have, it's a dual slot card... and I might be squeezed with pcie slots. Might there be any GPU options similar to this that only require a single slot?
There's also the RX 6400.