done

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
jesus christ OP why would you want such a thing, you planning on making a Skulltrail rig or something?

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
M393T5160FBA-CE6 ???
These are not FBDIMMs, but just an ecc reg version of DDR2 that was more rare than FBDIMMs. If this is what OP has, then I think the server/workstation has to be even older. My Dell Precision 670 might be able to test them, but it's so fickle with memory that I don't want to mess with it.

ericloewe

Apr 24, 2017
He did say "in bulk" though, so maybe a whole LAN party's worth of Skulltrails? Would've been epic around 2008.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
If you find anyone that has any FBDIMMs, you should be able to get them free for the cost of shipping. These are getting more and more rare every day as they are being destroyed at a rapid pace. :(

I would also check reddit homelabsales as there's posts like this every so often that would be right up your alley. You can also search older posts and reach out to see if they still have the stuff:
https://www.reddit.com/r/homelabsales/comments/rronej https://www.reddit.com/r/homelabsales/comments/vjx6ny
You might also look for complete machines like the Dell 1950/2950 and HP DL360/380 G5 as those are also being trashed/given away and would have what you want.

nexox

May 3, 2023
I may be able to come up with a few systems of this vintage in the semi-near future, but I don't really want to deal with shipping 1U machines, any chance you're in NorCal to come get them? If not I can probably ship 24 or more 4GB FBDIMM and some xeons from a matching generation, maybe around the end of the year.

Reactions: Samir