Dell C6100 PCI Raid card cable route

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Kevin Baker

Apr 3, 2015
Anyone got a picture of how to route the two cables coming from the MegaRaid 9260-8i card to the front of the board.

Thanks,
Kevin

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
Anyone got a picture of how to route the two cables coming from the MegaRaid 9260-8i card to the front of the board.

Thanks,
Kevin
I removed my stock cables and routed my aftermarket cables down the same side and plugged them into the factory positions.

DavidRa

Infrastructure Architect
Aug 3, 2015
Central Coast of NSW
www.pdconsec.net
It appears that the two cable sets are routed on opposite sides. My C6100 came with the LSI controllers, and the cables were routed along the side opposite the PCIe slot (the same side as the mezz card).

However, the SATA cables are far too short to do that, so when I removed the LSI controllers I routed the SATA cables down the same side as the PCIe slot.

Kevin Baker

Apr 3, 2015
Thanks for the replies... DavidRa - do you remember if the cables ran on the outside of the memory and against the chassis? I'm not sure how to get around the foam(?) piece attached to the heat sink. Can I run one of the cables (the larger one) through between the memory? 20151023_050044.jpg 20151023_050100.jpg 20151023_050119.jpg

Kevin Baker

Apr 3, 2015
THANK YOU! These pictures answer a lot of questions. My battery is on the PCI card, I can and think I will move the battery to the holder at the front, do you have a part number for the cable that connects it? the cable on my battery is short, I may need to purchase a different battery all together.. maybe also the part # for the battery.

Thanks again! Huge help here!!

Kevin Baker

Apr 3, 2015
britinpdx, Thanks for the info. Will look into finding the part. Looking at your picture, I wonder if I could just take that "tape" off my cables??

DavidRa

Infrastructure Architect
Aug 3, 2015
Central Coast of NSW
www.pdconsec.net
The battery cable is part 058GVG.
The battery is part 00H21G.

Looking closely at your blade pictures, you're also going to be missing the metal bracket that holds the battery at the front (it uses the existing 3 screws in the midplane board), which is part 0MM0YJ.

As for the cable routes:
  • SAS cables route down the mezz-card side;
  • The 4 drive SAS cable routes under the foam block;
  • The 2 drive SAS cable routes beside the foam block;
  • The battery cable routes down the PCIe slot side.
Interestingly, I've just pulled one more of the 4 I've been reconfiguring, it doesn't HAVE the foam block at all, nor any sign of missing / torn / old adhesive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuckleb

Kevin Baker

Apr 3, 2015
Thanks for the part numbers. I guess 058GVG is popular, none on ebay and the few that have them want $30 +... YIKES!!! I may just remove the foam block and add a little assurance I won't pinch a cable during the install. Thanks again for all your help, it's been a life saver.