DELL C6100 Cloud Server Not Letting MOS-8 Install

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rick Petree

Aug 9, 2016
I keep trying to install MOS-8 on a DELL C6100 server and it is not installing. I have tried via the BMC (these do not have an iDRAC) and even connecting a remote DVD drive. It always fails. I have downloaded the image several times and I can install MOS-8 on other servers. Just wondering why these servers don't like MOS-8. One more thing, I have installed RHEL, CENTOS and UBUNTU several times with no problems.

DavidRa

Infrastructure Architect
Aug 3, 2015
Central Coast of NSW
www.pdconsec.net
The C6100 is a particularly strange box - how does it fail? What symptoms/errors? Does MOS (I'm guessing you mean Mirantis OpenStack??) have any specific CPU or chipset requirements? Are you using the 1Gb or 10Gb Mezz cards, or something different?

Rick Petree

Aug 9, 2016
The symptoms were strange. As it installed the packages all 485 of them it would move at a snail's pace. I'm talking it would time out and not complete after 5 days. Then I connected the external DVD drive and it worked a little better and took a day to get the packages installed but, when it got to the finishing scripts it just hung for days again. See attached pic.
Just using the built in 1G network connections and MOS8 is Mirantis OpenStack 8.

Attachments