CWWK i5-1235U 6 port i226 report

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

beisser

Mar 20, 2023
for me it works fine as long as there is any nvme drive in the primary slot (the one which doesnt need the adapter).
without it the issue you describe is happening.
reason unknown.

Arnavisca

May 14, 2023
Hello.

(I don't speak English, a translator helps me.)

I live in the EU - the Czech Republic (next to Germany) .

I bought this unit - Core i5-1235U

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005346499671.html

I have two questions.

This is the original source.

original_bb2fa08c-8546-4897-92ed-aef36ddc0360_IMG_20231009_202738_1.jpg

1) what is the best source to buy? These two are out of stock.
https://www.digikey.cz/en/products/detail/globtek-inc/TR9CE7500LCP-IM-R6B/8598046
https://www.digikey.co.uk/en/products/detail/globtek-inc/TR9CE9000LCP-IM-R6B/8598049

This one is in stock. Is this good or is there a better alternative?

https://www.digikey.co.uk/en/products/detail/globtek-inc/TR9CE7080LPCIMR6BLPS/8598043

2) I can connect that source (TR9CE7080LPCIMR6BLPS) to UPS Cyber Power CP900EPFCLCD ?

CP900EPFCLCD - Záložní UPS systémy | CyberPower

Thanks for the anwers

fta

Feb 19, 2017
Dear fta, I tried to flash all modified bios files with NVMe installed or not - keyboard is not working.
But plain vanilla bios is working even version from 2023-06-08

Any clues why this is happening?
No idea. I just flashed an 8505 with no issues.

hojladri98

Aug 13, 2023
Any suggestion on how to add the modified BIOS files to the original read-only bios image? Whatever I tried, the flashing never started and the USB drive wasn't recognized as bootable in BIOS. Tnx.

jagga

Feb 4, 2016
Moscow
fta
While I installed 06/08 modified bios I got the following stuck screen in bios (keyboard is not working):
1697214493656.png

Last edited:

fta

Feb 19, 2017
Any suggestion on how to add the modified BIOS files to the original read-only bios image? Whatever I tried, the flashing never started and the USB drive wasn't recognized as bootable in BIOS. Tnx.
The only thing I've ever had 100% success rate with is Rufus. Unfortunately, it is windows only. On mac I've used Balena Etcher, but I have had cases where the resulting USB failed to boot.

jagga

Feb 4, 2016
Moscow
seems working, overall bios menu is working, not sure about detailed settings of CPU states.
1) what item in menu is that, and what you have fixed? =)
2) this file is including fixed of strange noises? I have bzzzzz sound while CPU is under the load (change of PSU did not helped).

Last edited:

fta

Feb 19, 2017
seems working, overall bios menu is working, not sure about detailed settings of CPU states.
1) what item in menu is that, and what you have fixed? =)
I figured out how to modify the bios without having to pull it apart and put it back together again. You should see a whole bunch of information now on the main page and a reserved menu in the advanced page.

2) this file is including fixed of strange noises? I have bzzzzz sound while CPU is under the load (change of PSU did not helped).
I updated the BIOS update post so you can download the 06-08 version from here. I don't know if it's the issue you are experiencing, but it is supposed to fix sound issues.

Tron_Lives

Jul 8, 2023
I updated the BIOS update post so you can download the 06-08 version from here. I don't know if it's the issue you are experiencing, but it is supposed to fix sound issues.
For me, it did fix the sound, but lost the advanced settings.

I have two of these machines. One worked great with your updated 02/07/2023 BIOS - no issues. The other has the sound issue after using the same BIOS, so I switched to the 06/08/2023 BIOS. With that, the squealing sound is totally gone, but so are all the advanced settings - it's just like the normal BIOS. Is there an updated HWP On BIOS for a later version that removes the sound issue?

fta

Feb 19, 2017
For me, it did fix the sound, but lost the advanced settings.

I have two of these machines. One worked great with your updated 02/07/2023 BIOS - no issues. The other has the sound issue after using the same BIOS, so I switched to the 06/08/2023 BIOS. With that, the squealing sound is totally gone, but so are all the advanced settings - it's just like the normal BIOS. Is there an updated HWP On BIOS for a later version that removes the sound issue?
I just downloaded it from the above link and verified it contains the mods. Are you sure you downloaded the most recent one? My machines are in service so I can't actually test it myself. If someone else could verify it would help.

Tron_Lives

Jul 8, 2023
I just downloaded it from the above link and verified it contains the mods. Are you sure you downloaded the most recent one? My machines are in service so I can't actually test it myself. If someone else could verify it would help.
/facepalm... I figured it out. There is now a "reserved menus" section that didn't exist back in April when we were first doing all this. So my personal notes for all the tweaks from my first machine were taking me to a menu that didn't exist. And when I flashed the 02/07 BIOS, it was one I had from 6mo ago, and the old menus were in place, so my notes were accurate.

Thanks again for all the work you put into this.

enzotekk

Jul 1, 2022
First of all, thanks to all the participants of this thread.

With this thread you made me want to buy a unit!
Oh so it was, after many months of following this thread and the nuc n100/n200/n305 threads I finally made my decision.

#Start of the adventure#
I contact CWWK and let him know if what is said in this post is true, then I ask for confirmation regarding the included fan, the double adapter for the m2 SSD and other details. Once I have decided, I proceed with the purchase, paying with PayPal, around 400 euros.
So at the same time I also order the on Amazon the Crucial RAM CT2K16G4SFRA32A 32Gb Kit (2x16Gb) DDR4 3200MHz CL22.
I already had an unused SSD at home, a 256GB Samsung Gen3 taken from a broken laptop.

Summing up: (For Info, I live in France, Europe)
  • 11 October --> purchase and payment (it will ship tomorrow, it was already too late)
  • 12 October --> cwwk provides me with tracking, from yuntrack, the package leaves from Mainland, China
  • 15 October --> the package arrives in France and is disposed of
  • 20 October --> I have the package at my house
shipping2.png
shpping1.png

The power supply (DAJING unit, as many users here) may not be the highest quality but it weighs 400 grams, I don't think it's really poor.
Of course I would feel better with a DELTA, that's clear. I will buy a more efficient power supply in the future.
IMG20231020183514.jpgIMG20231020183521.jpg

The package arrives in excellent condition, perfectly packaged as indicated on this post:
I proceed to update the BIOS kindly posted by fta with the config recommended in this post ( 06-08 BIOS):
So with the configuration settings BIOS of this post:

The score with the stock bios was just over about 15,000 points on passmark.
The score with the fta's bios and recommended settings was more than 19,000 points on passmark.
chrome_6UmjfgbNKs.png

Here are the temperatures at idle and full-load
-idle temps in the first screenshot (sensors)
-full-load temps in the second screenshot (s-tui)
MobaXterm_Personal_23.0_c7wbijghvE.pngtemp full load.png

Very satisfied with the resulting.
Temperatures looking good, considering that now i only have the stock fan from cwwk.

#Future#
I'm thinking of adding some heatsinks to the hottest areas of the motherboard.
I will better evaluate which areas are the hottest using the heat gun.
I will definitely add heatsinks to the nvme ssd.
In the future I will reinstall proxmox on a raid1 ZFS, definitely get two different 500Gb minimum SSDs.

My files are too large to upload here, so I'll link to a gdrive folder

##--UPDATE-1--##
15watt of power consumption in idle with opnsense and 2 eth port ON

##--UPDATE-2--##
What will I install on Proxmox?
For now these are the plans:
vm - Opnsense (always online)
vm - Win11-tiny (always online)
vm - kali Linux
vm - ubuntu
lxc - pihole (always online)
lxc - wireguard (always online)