CRS317-1G-16S+RM Come on Guys

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

randyruiz

Sep 9, 2017
This switch seems like a real game changer for homelabs and small businesses. Its 16ports of 10G muscle, silent and only $340. It just seems that this switch would serve the home quite well. When are we going to see a review for this guy on STH?

randyruiz

Sep 9, 2017
Sorry, I meant something more formal like a STH review. I am looking forward to seeing some one with a test lab push this guy to the limits. I have only three servers with dual link 10G ports to push traffic from. I get the sense from my own testing that I am not really pushing the switch (I really only use it in L2 mode to stay on the switch chip so nothing fancy) with the gear I have.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
If you're just using it as a dumb L2 switch and pushing larger packets you'll be able to load 16 ports on it easily.

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
I'm trying to do LACP and it's not working with a Cisco SG220. I have worked with Cisco stuff for 4+ years, and I have 3 other lacp groups setup to my SG220 (linux, freebsd, and another dell switch). The one to the Mikrotik simply doesn't ever come up.

However if on the Cisco switch I set "channel-group 5 mode on" rather than "active/passive" it will come up but isn't dynamic. I also have to set static (or equivalent option) on the CRS317 and choose a group number.

Not so happy about my experience with the Mikrotik so far (SwOS 2.7)