Crossflash Intel RAID RS25SB008 to LSI 9286-8e?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

denpa

Feb 21, 2015
I recently picked up an Intel RAID controller RS25SB008 as I posted here and am wondering if it is possible to crossflash it to an LSI 9286-8e.

I updated the firmware to the latest from Intel, and the file is CRC identical to the latest from LSI.

I've looked at multiple crossflashing articles including this and this, but none of them mention any LSI2208-based controllers. I guess I would need to flash the SBR?

Any insight would be appreciated.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
What's the benefit of Cross flashing these? I have a handful in smaller E3 systems, but they worked fine out of box... what are you gaining from cross flashing?

Thanks

denpa

Feb 21, 2015
@Kristian
Nope, I made this thread hoping someone would have the SBR file to crossflash.

@T_Minus
The only thing I've noticed is the LSI MSM doesn't pick up Intel branded cards, but the Intel branded MSM picks up LSI cards. I wanted to crossflash thinking there were other differences like lack of firmware updates from Intel, but since both cards use identical firmware, I don't really care to crossflash it anymore.

Reactions: T_Minus