Colocation question

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

uberguru

Jun 7, 2013
If i get 2 x 100Mbps @ 2TB each...can i in a way bundle this together to get 200Mbps @ 4TB?
Lets say i have a dual switch in a colocation setup. If the provider only provides only 100Mbps and i want to get a larger pipe..can i bundle multiple uplinks to get a larger pipe?

I am thinking this is possible but i havent tried this before so not sure.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Why not just use a router with multiple WAN connections then route accordingly?

Or just ask the colo provider

uberguru

Jun 7, 2013
Why not just use a router with multiple WAN connections then route accordingly?

Or just ask the colo provider
So what you are saying is i can use a router to join all the uplinks..for example combine multiple 100Mbps into a single larger pipe?
I mean why does the Dell R610 have 4 nics? i was thinking to combine the uplinks to have a larger throughput?

Thatguy

Dec 30, 2012
So what you are saying is i can use a router to join all the uplinks..for example combine multiple 100Mbps into a single larger pipe?
I mean why does the Dell R610 have 4 nics? i was thinking to combine the uplinks to have a larger throughput?
Theres a few ways to do this. Simplest is probably asking your colo provider really nicely to enable LACP on your switch ports, and then bond them on your switch (assuming switch supports this, and having gigabit ports would be ideal) then you'd end up with a 200mbit trunk to your provider, dished out to your c6100 via gigE

uberguru

Jun 7, 2013
Theres a few ways to do this. Simplest is probably asking your colo provider really nicely to enable LACP on your switch ports, and then bond them on your switch (assuming switch supports this, and having gigabit ports would be ideal) then you'd end up with a 200mbit trunk to your provider, dished out to your c6100 via gigE

Alright
thanks