1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap thin client for dual monitor (w10, 2012 r2 and 2016)

Discussion in 'Windows Server, Hyper-V Virtualization' started by Jannis Jacobsen, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Jannis Jacobsen

Jannis Jacobsen Active Member

Hi!

I'm looking for a cheap thin client to replace my laptop at work.
    I would need 2x dvi (1920x1200), and at least 2 usb ports.
    It needs to support RDP to Windows 10 and Server 2016 (and earlier versions).

I saw the HP T310, but as this is a Zero Client for Vmware, I'm pretty sure I cannot use this.
    Or is there a cheap Teradici card that would make it possible to connect to my workstation with the T310?

-Jannis

2. Rand__

Rand__ Well-Known Member

Dell workstation cards are available for around $100 on Ebay - I assume it might work with Dell cards too. Or get a P25/P40 from Dell
    Please note that Teradici is moving to a subscription based firmware model so future driver/fw support might be limited to critical fixes...

That said, my card is working fine with Win10 1709;)

Jannis Jacobsen likes this.
  3. Jannis Jacobsen

I just found the HP T620, which looks promising.
    Not sure if it's possible to download firmware updates from HP without a service contract though...

-Jannis

4. Rand__

Rand__ Well-Known Member

If the device itself is under warranty then it should be no problem, else it might work since they provide a lot of stuff for free (if you can find it)

5. Jannis Jacobsen

Anything I should be vary off?
    any chance of backdoirs/malware etc in the firmware on refurbished units from ebay?

-J

6. Rand__

Rand__ Well-Known Member

I don't think that there is manipulated boxes out there, but o/c you might need to flash the latest firmware from the vendor if you can obtain it

7. Jannis Jacobsen

seems it’s possible to download t620 os from hp without service contract.
    drive is a 16gb m.2, so that could be replaced just to make sure too

-J