Cheap QSFP Tranceivers $2.70 for Infiniband

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
Sorry but these are useless to 99.9% of people buying network gear on fleabay. Your day job probably needs with an ISP or similar so you have access to expensive repair equipment. These are not your standard transceivers but factory built single assembly cables that were cut.

Scott Laird

Aug 30, 2014
If they were normal QSFP optics, then they'd have MPO/MTP connectors, with 12 fiber strands bundled into one connector.

I guess you could try to splice these, but splicing 12 strands correctly sounds, uhm, uneconomical.

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA

TeeJayHoward

Feb 12, 2013
I bought a bunch of these a while back to see if you could attach cables. End result was that it wasn't worth it, and NOT something an amateur could do. There's some pics I took of the inside of these connectors on this site somewhere.

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
I made the same mistake with these, the catch is finding the interconnecting cables, 12 strand MTP OM3 Crossover Cable... the biggest issue is also finding the cable that allows the connector end to be taken off as this design is non-standard.. its funny cause the cables on these QSFP+ connectors are dated back to 2011 one would think these would be easy and cheap to get.... Sadly No Dice...

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
With the cost of mtp cable and trouble of splicing (not a do at home thing) just get a non-junked aoc or a pair of cisco bidi qsfps and run cheap om3/4 LC up to 100m or so.