Can't get Solarstorm SFC9020 / SFN5152F to work under windows 10.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RedOrion

Jun 9, 2021
@techano @novegg4
Edit for anyone here still having issues. I had to redo mine and couldn't get it working then thanks to a reddit post got it figured out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/homelab/comments/oojqp5
Also see my comment at the bottom. Good luck!
I haven't had any luck with this the SFN5122 were plug and play for me on Linux/Windows/Mac but not the SFN5152. I also don't see the SFC9020 drivers mentioned above. Has something changed on windows? I'm trying to get the SFN5152 to work on Windows.

Last edited:

techano

Sep 16, 2020
I haven't had any luck with this the SFN5122 were plug and play for me on Linux/Windows/Mac but not the SFN5152. I also don't see the SFC9020 drivers mentioned above. Has something changed on windows? I'm trying to get the SFN5152 to work on Windows.
Hey didn't even see this reply. If my chance you are still looking to do this and havent found it here is the updated driver link (scroll to the bottom) or the direct download

dstrawsb

Jan 11, 2021
I got 2x S7120 and they work flawless, in case anyone cares.

I just have to install the driver, flash the firmware to latest, and put a fan next to the heatsink.
What hardware are you using? I have 3 of these cards, tried in a MSI X470 board, bios doesn't see them? Maybe these cards are dead?

msg7086

May 2, 2017
What hardware are you using? I have 3 of these cards, tried in a MSI X470 board, bios doesn't see them? Maybe these cards are dead?
Was MSI B450 Tomahawk and Ryzen 3600.

When you say "bios doesn't see them", what do you actually mean?

dstrawsb

Jan 11, 2021
Was MSI B450 Tomahawk and Ryzen 3600.

When you say "bios doesn't see them", what do you actually mean?
In the bios there is a board explorer, shows everything plugged into the board, they don't show up. Nothing on the boot up on bios readout. Linux doesn't index them, windows doesn't see them plugged into pci bus. And they are stone cold even after being powered on.