Hey I'm really new to L3 networking, so hopefully this is the right place to ask this.
Does the ICX6450 support passive SFP+ uplink connections? I'm trying to connect my new ICX6450 to a Mellanox CX3 (MCX311A-XCAT) using an SFP+ passthru cable
, but the devices just refuse to connect/negotiate. Is this even supported? I know the CX3 supports passthru since we use them at my job, but those are connected to Cisco Nexus switches with QSFP28 breakout cables so I just don't know how to tell if this switch can .
Things I've already done:
Things I've observed:
- Updated the ICX6450 to the latest L3 firmware using @fohdeesha 's wonderful tutorials
- Updated the the NIC to the latest FW (2.42.5000)
- Updated my OS to the latest WinOF driver (5.50.53000)
- When the passthru cable is connected to the PC and switch, the light on the back of the NIC comes on.
- While monitoring the serial port on the switch I see it log Port 1/2/2 optics inserted, wait for Phy port initialization...
- The switch port lights does not come on.
- If I use an SFP+ to 10GBaseT adapter either in the NIC or the same SFP+ port on the switch, it works just fine. (I only have one so I can't test if just using 2x adapters would solve the issue).