Brocade 1020 CNA 10GbE PCIe Cards

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DarkOrb

Jul 24, 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
I order the hp compatible dac cable from the Darorb recommended Fiberstore. That is well. 10G SFP+ Direct Attach Cable (DAC)
Just don't forget to make sure you're running the most recent firmware on your card when not using a Brocade cable. Though I don't recall seeing HP in the list for the Active cables, so might want to double check with them (of course, it's entirely possible I'm being blind). I've not tested the Direct Attach cables - just the Optical SFP+ modules.

Also remember that QLogic won't give you any help using third party ones - not that it seems they would even if you were using 100% legit ones anyway from the feedback above...

Reactions: fiberstore

Dorkmat

Aug 7, 2014
Just don't forget to make sure you're running the most recent firmware on your card when not using a Brocade cable. Though I don't recall seeing HP in the list for the Active cables, so might want to double check with them (of course, it's entirely possible I'm being blind). I've not tested the Direct Attach cables - just the Optical SFP+ modules.

Also remember that QLogic won't give you any help using third party ones - not that it seems they would even if you were using 100% legit ones anyway from the feedback above...
Dear DarkOrb,thanks for your advices. But i think very little money can solve the problem, and they give me lifetime warrenty. There are no problems and have tested the cables, that is true.

minddragon

Aug 4, 2014
If ordering from FiberStore, be advised your order may not ship that same or next day. In my case, they will not ship my order for 7 days after I placed the original order...Ugh.

DarkOrb

Jul 24, 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
I chased them up with a friendly email to the sales person I got allocated - it shipped the day after that. Might be coincidence but unlikely :)

Given the manufacture/flashing date on my modules it was the day after my order so I guess that's also a reason why if they configure them to order.

Dorkmat

Aug 7, 2014

oh, I'm sorry. wrong word. H3C not HP

minddragon

Aug 4, 2014
So I got the Fiber cables in today. Still getting 2gbps on iperf. Is it possible that I have one or more bad cards?

firenity

Jun 29, 2014
Try adding -P 4 (i.e. 4 parallel threads) to your command and see if it changes anything. You might also want to try the -t (time) parameter, e.g. -t 60 to test for 60 seconds.

Gannon

Sep 8, 2014
Picked up two of the 1020's and a 3m cable from the ebay seller, will report back with findings in a few days.

BigXor

May 6, 2011
Pennsylvania, USA
bigxor.com
I have two of these cards with 3Meter Brocade active Twinax cable PC-to-PC in two Win 7 Home Premium rigs. When I try to copy files the system constantly freezes, than normal, then freezes, on and on...
I have lowered the OC settings to normal to be sure it's not that.

I am not using any Brocade software just the drivers. Tried jumbo frames and MTU set to various settings.

What TCP settings should I be using? TCP Optimizer will show settings.
Any advice?

Last edited:

BigXor

May 6, 2011
Pennsylvania, USA
bigxor.com
One is in a Norco 4220 case with plenty of airflow, the other is in a regular desktop tower case with no direct airflow on the card itself. That reminds me that the tower case was open the first time. and closed the next when I got problems. Hmmm...

BigXor

May 6, 2011
Pennsylvania, USA
bigxor.com
Looks like the card in the Norco case has gone bad. I switched from port zero to port one and it worked for just a couple minutes, then died.

I had much better results before with the Mellanox cards.

Gannon

Sep 8, 2014
Picked up two of the 1020's and a 3m cable from the ebay seller, will report back with findings in a few days.
Hooked them up last night works flawlessly 1st time, seller sent a 5m cable by accident no issues at all.

Burksdb

Oct 23, 2014
have 3 cards one running in Linux Mint and another inside Windows 10 working without any issues. Wanting to install the 3rd card in my unraid server, but not able to get it running. Anyone have any ideas or has some experience in getting this working?