BMC Reset Default Password

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I do not have such an option. But I have the option AMI graphic output protocol policy.
MZ32-ar0 rev.1.0 manual
Advanced
OnBrd/Ext VGA Select Selects between onboard or external VGA support.
Options available: Auto, Onboard, External. Default setting is Onboard.
BUT in the BMC it shows me video Output in the H5viewer! This even seems to work with no plugged in (video)cable whatsoever.
VGA is working. so your adapter is crap.

Chris574

Oct 4, 2023
Yes, I saw this in the manual. There is also an option described, to RAID some drives. But I also don’t have this option. Thought this might change with the update, but it didn’t. I will add a picture of the BIOS when I am back home!

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Yes, I saw this in the manual. There is also an option described, to RAID some drives. But I also don’t have this option. Thought this might change with the update, but it didn’t. I will add a picture of the BIOS when I am back home!
BIOS R28 now. would be nice to know in advance.

Chris574

Oct 4, 2023
You mean wich one i use now?
This one right now:

ANNNWZZD HDMI auf VGA, HDMI VGA Adapter 1080P Hohe Auflösung HDMI zu VGA für PC, Monitor, Laptop, Projektor 15CM https://amzn.eu/d/5MdxDIx

And this one I ordered new. It’s an aktive one I think:

VGA Eingang zu HDMI Ausgang Adapter, BENFEI 1080P Konverter mit Audio Von Computer/Laptop mit VGA zu Fernseher/Monitor mit HDMI-Eingang https://amzn.eu/d/8lFuGmy

Chris574

Oct 4, 2023
New adapter arrived and it works now!!!

I only need to accomplish two thinks now.
right now I have 2 18TB HDDs running in RAID0 and 1 2TB SSD split into 2x 1TB.
On one halve of the SSD, the OS is running. The other half should work as Cache for the RAID0 HDDs. How do I accomplish this. I tried „Enable-StorageBusCache“ in Powershell on Win Server 2022. But everytime I try this, my system crashes and I get BSOD.

The other question is, if u guys now a software, wich I can use to automatically safe my files from any diver on the Server. Like OneDrive is doing?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I only need to accomplish two thinks now.
right now I have 2 18TB HDDs running in RAID0 and 1 2TB SSD split into 2x 1TB.
On one halve of the SSD, the OS is running. The other half should work as Cache for the RAID0 HDDs. How do I accomplish this. I tried „Enable-StorageBusCache“ in Powershell on Win Server 2022. But everytime I try this, my system crashes and I get BSOD.

The other question is, if u guys now a software, wich I can use to automatically safe my files from any diver on the Server. Like OneDrive is doing?
open new thread for this

automobile

May 16, 2017
Is there any way to reset Gigabyte IPMI (BMC) password while not installing Linux? Is there any Windows (or MS-DOS)-based utility like ipmitool? Or any liveCD one can download, write it to DVD\CD\USBFlash drive, boot from it, reset BMC password and throw it off?
Or everyone should read the f**king manuals how to install Linux, then ipmitool etc?
Happy New Year! ):D

Dm_R

Feb 6, 2024
Is there any way to reset Gigabyte IPMI (BMC) password while not installing Linux? Is there any Windows (or MS-DOS)-based utility like ipmitool? Or any liveCD one can download, write it to DVD\CD\USBFlash drive, boot from it, reset BMC password and throw it off?
Or everyone should read the f**king manuals how to install Linux, then ipmitool etc?
Happy New Year! ):D
you can use the supermicro utility for Windows. IPMICFG. everything works fine.

Attachments

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Yes, I have mz31-ar0 rev1.1 +7402p. You helped me with the bios restoration.
thanks, good to know. It is not self-evident that an SM tool is also suitable for gigabyte.
the dos and efi of this tool should also work then, for those who don't like MS.

endemic

Apr 20, 2024
I have upgraded my BMC to 12.61.21 version, my old credentials was "admin"/"password", now I can't lofin with any credentials, including "admin",s/n (11 chars). What is the default login/password after upgrade?
Thanks.

sko

Jun 11, 2021
credentials don't change from upgrading the BMC on supermicro. only if you checked everything that can be cleared during an update (which should even give a warning).
Also "12.61.21" doesn't seem to be a valid BMC firmware version - up until ~X11 they referred to the redfish version (e.g. 3.94) and on X11+ they started at new versioning numbers, which should be still at 1.<minor>.<patch> (e.g. 1.74.13)

Are you sure you got the correct firmware?

Anyhow: setting the admin credentials via ipmitool will still work from localhost without giving any login credentials.