BMC Reset Default Password

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chris574

Oct 4, 2023
Hmm, ok, unfounded something different. The manual, wich u get when downloading the firmware, discribes also how to update via BMC

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Hmm, ok, unfounded something different. The manual, wich u get when downloading the firmware, discribes also how to update via BMC
unknown because you don't talk.
TO WHAT BMC do you want upgrade ? do you think they are all same ?

Chris574

Oct 4, 2023
What do u mean to what BMC?
I now managed to upgrade in windows.
Also upgraded the BIOS inwindows now. But when I now enter the BMC and want to look up the firmware. The BMC firmware is now the right one (12.61.01) but the BIOS is not shown at all anymore in the BMC. I am afraid now that something went wrong there and I can not shut down my pc. Otherwise it might not boot anymore if it’s bricked?

Chris574

Oct 4, 2023
Aaaand an other problem. Right now I using the Server with an Vega64 graphics card. But neither can I get drivers for win Server 2022 for it, nor can I use H5viewer wih it. But using the VGA port on the graphics card does not work. I have no video output there! I use the VGA output with an adapter VGA to HDMI on an Asus monitor. Could this be the problem? Do I need a dedicated VGA monitor? And if so, isn’t there a possibility to use a VGA HDMI or display port adapter?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I use the VGA output with an adapter VGA to HDMI on an Asus monitor. Could this be the problem? Do I need a dedicated VGA monitor?
i bet yes.
passive adapter does not work. DVI is mostly not analog RGB support.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Ahhh ok, so there are aktive adapters I could try?
there was also a trick with some Gigabyte not showing VGA display, the trick is to connect the VGA connector after the NUM light of the keyboard lights up.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
VGA can be disabled in BIOS and or Jumper. remove PCIs GPU first. read the manuals

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Usually, if the screen stays black the NUM led indicator on the keyboard will also never come up again. In my cases, the only help was disassembling the whole board, taking off all memory sticks and CMOS battery. Reset. 2 stick into C1 memory bank and hope for the best. Let it boot ... Never touch a running system. Also, do not update BMC/BIOS with these boards through Windows. Just via remote shell or EFI shell. Nothing else. Isn't there a bios menu entry to change video output from onboard to external? Not sure as I'm unable to reboot and check the servers ...

Last edited:

Chris574

Oct 4, 2023
But the Update from Windows of BMC and BIOS worked! I already tried resetting CMOS and remove Battery. NUM LED turns ON. I did not remove the GPU though, will try that later. Also I could not find any option in the BIOS to use internal GPU?!

Chris574

Oct 4, 2023
By the way, is there any option, to make a RAID 0 drive in the BIOS or do I have to do this in windows?

Chris574

Oct 4, 2023
I do not have such an option. But I have the option AMI graphic output protocol policy.
There I can select „output select“ but the only option there is [Unknown Device].

Also very interesting, if I remove the Graphics card and just plug in the VGA port. I still don’t have video, not even after I plug it in, after the num led starts lighting up. BUT in the BMC it shows me video Output in the H5viewer! This even seems to work with no plugged in (video)cable whatsoever.

Last edited: