BK-1264NP-4L BIOS and other mods

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RSV

Apr 5, 2024
Good day guys, silly questions i have:
I bricked my device, so now i`m trying to resurrect it with C341A flasher, i got bios from topton, however something is not working, always get "chip main memory with the contents are in disagreement". Tired different flashers programs, mini pc is still not turning on: question 1) SPI ROM is it the one i need to flash? if no, question 2, where is bios flash located? all i can see bunch of LAN1-2-3-4 ROMS and SPI ROM.
Thank you.

Last edited:

vaikiz

Dec 5, 2023
Good day guys, silly questions i have:
I bricked my device, so now i`m trying to resurrect it with C341A flasher, i got bios from topton, however something is not working, always get "chip main memory with the contents are in disagreement". Tired different flashers programs, mini pc is still not turning on: question 1) SPI ROM is it the one i need to flash? if no, question 2, where is bios flash located? all i can see bunch of LAN1-2-3-4 ROMS and SPI ROM.
Thank you.
Hello, SPI NOR Flash must bee 16MB in size. So on it must be writen W25Q128 or 25F128 or something similar, mine has W25Q128JVSQ markings on it. What version and revision off BK-1264NP motherboard do You have? Because there is many versions and revisions of BK-1264NP boards like http://bkhdpc.com/zhuban/101.html or http://bkhdpc.com/zhuban/111.html etc... So BIOS'es can differ for different boards and even revisions.
Also on some CH341 programmers IO DC supply are on 5V voltage level rail, you must cut trace and DC mod it to 3.3V supply, otherwise You can damage Your board with in system programming, like using some SOIC SOP8 clip. Sometimes manufacturer given BIOS needs editing (trimming) with hexeditor to correct it's size, write SN to it, because it is only update and not exactly Your full BIOS backup, with descriptors, BIOS, ME region...
Can You share somewhere BIOS that You got from Topton for your board?

RSV

Apr 5, 2024
Here is the bios topton gave me : X2E N100 BIOS BK12V015.rar

It looks like bios is the correct size already.

Yes, the one i flashed was 16 MB and it is exactly the same chip as yours : W25Q128JVSQ

My board is version 1.4, i tried different bioses from this topic, except 10MB ones.

"chip main memory with the contents are in disagreement" only happens with CH341A application, when is use NEOProgrammer 2.2.0.10 everything flashes/double checks fine. Still PC is not turning on.

1714089378289.png

1714089441539.png

Last edited: