EXPIRED Best SSD deal you will get in 2022, 7.68TB NVMe U.2 HGST 328** USD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
No return on these, make sure they'll work with your systems!!!

Reactions: Samir

altmind

Sep 23, 2018
Is it the same model being sold on newegg for $460 new(serverpartsdeals == waterpanther?)

And similar(rebadged by waterpanther?) model on amazon for $452.

buyer, beware https://www.reddit.com/r/zfs/comments/vtppvy

Last edited:

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
Is it the same model being sold on newegg for $460 new?

Same part # but I think these are pulls from Netapp or some other storage vendor, which probably have non std firmware. My guess only.

Edit - Which is probably why they are not taking any returns so they don't have to deal with the 'well it didn't work with my XXX brand server".

Reactions: zac1 and Samir

ECSUNIX

Nov 8, 2022
Same part # but I think these are pulls from Netapp or some other storage vendor, which probably have non std firmware. My guess only.

Edit - Which is probably why they are not taking any returns so they don't have to deal with the 'well it didn't work with my XXX brand server".
hi, I am the seller. Yes, this is to avoid scenarios where systems won’t support them.
appreciate all of the offers guys. Wish I could keep supplying them going forward for cheaper!

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
hi, I am the seller. Yes, this is to avoid scenarios where systems won’t support them.
appreciate all of the offers guys. Wish I could keep supplying them going forward for cheaper!
Thanks for jumping on here!

Are these Netapp or other storage systems pulls or from Dell/HPE/Lenovo servers?

Edit - NM, says EMC directly on your photo.

Reactions: Samir

hifijames

Dec 26, 2017
What could be the reasons of incompatibility? Up until now I assumed NVMe would work on any PCIe bus as long as the host isn't too old.

Reactions: mach3.2 and Samir

Glock24

May 13, 2019
What could be the reasons of incompatibility? Up until now I assumed NVMe would work on any PCIe bus as long as the host isn't too old.
From what I've read your HBA should support dual port drives but it should work in single port at half speed, the same applies if you use an U.2 to PCI-E adapter. Probably depends on the firmware too.