~~ bayleyw ~~ BAD SELLER THREAD ~~

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
T-Minus ... sorry you have had to deal with this. A takeaway from this for me has been to never make purchases using my Paypal balance. I have some ebay purchases required to complete a build, and I emptied my paypal balance into my bank account and used the credit card via paypal instead.

It's so much easier to get AMEX to reverse a charge than to have to deal with this crap.
Thanks.
Yep. For sure!

neo

Mar 18, 2015
Often times when you reverse a PayPal transaction on your credit card, PayPal will put your account into a negative balance and send to it collections. Just some unfortunate food for thought.

Reactions: T_Minus and Patriot

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Often times when you reverse a PayPal transaction on your credit card, PayPal will put your account into a negative balance and send to it collections. Just some unfortunate food for thought.
I've had this happen 10 + years ago when a scammer claimed they didn't receive $500 worth of movies... negative balance, collections, etc... Then I was able to prove to collections the debt wasn't mine, and bam, away it went.

Was it a hassle? Yes... there's a reason businesses should have multiple merchant accounts :D

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Since this has gotten more attention from myself on Hard Forums... but then was removed since it occurred here I thought it appropriate to update this once again.

FACTS
  • You've never once contacted me about the item, even after my shipping paypal dispute. YOU DID finally ship it though, and once you updated the tracking # the dispute was AUTO CLOSED. I didn't lose a dispute. YOU actually did what a seller should and SHIP the item you sold. Unfortunately for me you couldn't even send the package properly :( OR rather even use a package or packaging material...

• You are not filing a claim with USPS even though you keep claiming to. You've never contacted me about the claim other than this post trying to get me to go along with your fraudulant claim attempts. I won't do that.

• It's simply not worth my money/time to call PayPal and be on hold, explain, and then have to deal with it for ~1hr. Mr Wang pointed out it's not about the money, and he's right. It's now about making sure he doesn't screw over others. I still want the refund, and not the board but if he refuses then I'll continue to spread the word about EXACTLY what happened here. (As I've done here.)

• Wang can file a USPS claim all he wants, but he has chosen NOT to.
    I will hand over the board I simply want a refund which you've refused and NEVER contacted me about. Don't think for a second I trust you enough to return the merchandise WITHOUT a refund first.

I paid you first, trusted you to ship, and had to open a dispute with paypal to actually get you to ship.
    You're the untrustworthy person with NEGATIVE HEAT that required pressure from a 3rd-Party to ship the item, and you're calling me out?

• Mr Wang never replies to contact until publicly called out on these forums.

I personally buy and sell thousands in equipment per-month on multiple channels and not 1 bad review or experience until now.

I have nothing to hide.

Check my reviews: TDUB2 | HeatWare.com

Check the seller reviews: bayleyw | HeatWare.com
NEGATIVE NEGATIVE NEGATIVE

Last edited:

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
Could you not have searched for his heatware account and come to the conclusion that it might not be such a smart idea to buy something from him?

Reactions: Patriot

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Could you not have searched for his heatware account and come to the conclusion that it might not be such a smart idea to buy something from him?
SO you're in the "blame the buyer" party? Sure, I could have done that as well as spent hours researching his name, his job at MIT, his business, his MIT files that he publicly has available for his designs and businesses... but I didn't prior to a $150 purchase because my time is valuable and $150 is not a lot of money, paypal has a good policy, etc... so I took a risk and it did NOT pay off this time.

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
Him being a dick is on him, not doing due diligence is on you. That said, I don't always do it myself.

Reactions: T_Minus

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
SO you're in the "blame the buyer" party? Sure, I could have done that as well as spent hours researching his name, his job at MIT, his business, his MIT files that he publicly has available for his designs and businesses... but I didn't prior to a $150 purchase because my time is valuable and $150 is not a lot of money, paypal has a good policy, etc... so I took a risk and it did NOT pay off this time.
Im not blaming you, but I do think it is better to do a little bit of research upfront.

Reactions: T_Minus

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Him being a dick is on him, not doing due diligence is on you. That said, I don't always do it myself.
I never said it was not on me. In fact I said it WAS me who didn't research him. Not sure why you wanted to point that out, again... ?? Just to rub it in I got screwed?

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Im not blaming you, but I do think it is better to do a little bit of research upfront.
This 1 transaction will not change how I've done purchasing online with paypal since 1999. I have a lot of experience buying and selling online. I USUALLY look @ HEAT or something first no matter, but don't often do 100% in-depth research prior to buying... LOL. I suggest everyone do some due-diligence before buying online, but it's easy to skip this when you're buying a lot or relying on the paypal security, etc...

Lots of things I could have done, I admit that. I didn't research him first, plain and simple, and I'm hoping / trying to help others NOT make that mistake with this guy.

I appreciate the concern, and input. However, we all buy/sell online differently.

$150 is not the end of the world even though I'm making a big deal out of it, it's still important to not get screwed ;) or allow others to get screwed either, and I don't take kindly to people trying to lie about me, and tell half-truth like he was trying on [H] before I had an ADMIN remove my entire thread there.

Reactions: legopc