~~ bayleyw ~~ BAD SELLER THREAD ~~

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
User: bayleyw <-- ON THIS FORUM

== Updates 5/9/2015 ==

Since this has gotten more attention from myself on Hard Forums... but then was removed since it occurred here I thought it appropriate to update this once again.

FACTS
  • You've never once contacted me about the item, even after my shipping paypal dispute. YOU DID finally ship it though, and once you updated the tracking # the dispute was AUTO CLOSED. I didn't lose a dispute. YOU actually did what a seller should and SHIP the item you sold. Unfortunately for me you couldn't even send the package properly :( OR rather even use a package or packaging material...

• You are not filing a claim with USPS even though you keep claiming to. You've never contacted me about the claim other than this post trying to get me to go along with your fraudulant claim attempts. I won't do that.

• It's simply not worth my money/time to call PayPal and be on hold, explain, and then have to deal with it for ~1hr. Mr Wang pointed out it's not about the money, and he's right. It's now about making sure he doesn't screw over others. I still want the refund, and not the board but if he refuses then I'll continue to spread the word about EXACTLY what happened here. (As I've done here.)

• Wang can file a USPS claim all he wants, but he has chosen NOT to.
    I will hand over the board I simply want a refund which you've refused and NEVER contacted me about. Don't think for a second I trust you enough to return the merchandise WITHOUT a refund first.

I paid you first, trusted you to ship, and had to open a dispute with paypal to actually get you to ship.
    You're the untrustworthy person with NEGATIVE HEAT that required pressure from a 3rd-Party to ship the item, and you're calling me out?

• Mr Wang never replies to contact until publicly called out on these forums.

I personally buy and sell thousands in equipment per-month on multiple channels and not 1 bad review or experience until now.

I have nothing to hide.

Check my reviews: TDUB2 | HeatWare.com

Check the seller reviews: bayleyw | HeatWare.com
NEGATIVE NEGATIVE NEGATIVE

== End Updates ==

== Start Original Thread ==

Paid Mon. Apr 6th.

Never heard from him until Apr. 8th, stating he's busy and would ship Thursday.
(He of course never told me this prior to sending Money).

Thursday came and went, no tracking info no contact, NOTHING.

Since then I've sent messages with no reply, and no tracking # provided.

PayPal dispute opened today, almost a week after paying with 0 update regarding shipping.

Last edited:

bayleyw

Jan 8, 2014
woah there calm down, got swamped with work...your board is going out tomorrow.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Sorry, you have NO room to tell me to calm down. Sorry you were busy at work, I was busy almost dieing in the ER and got my packages shipped the next day. Man up.

I suggest you don't leave buyers in the dark, and take 7 days to ship that's crazy.

I'm understanding 100%, but not communicating your status at all is terrible way to conduct biz.

You've also told me it would ship last Thursday and it didn't, my hopes are not high. If you don't mind I'd even take a REFUND vs. carrying this on any further.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
He has been a member here >1year, I haven't even been here 6 months.

We all start somewhere, this is a new small forum :)

Maybe I'm just more trusting in people than you?

Maybe the potential loss was worth the risk?

There's a lot of reasons one would buy/sell with low/few post counts... some people just don't talk a lot but read, and sell their stuff from time to time.

PayPal Status: Shipped Priority USPS

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Well, it arrived... sadly.

In sad condition.

It was delivered in 2.5" thick (yes, no joke), with 0 packaging material, or padding. It was simply a 100% tiny cardboard narrow box that was indented/bowed-in in the middle and the anti-static bag was tore where other items sat in the center of this ridiculously tiny sized box during transit. To give you an idea of how TINY the box is, SuperMicro ships their E3 server boards in a box that's 3" thick, and that box goes INSIDE the real shipping box with... PACKAGING MATERIAL. This box... 2.5", no packaging material, no bubble wrap, no paper NOTHING.

Beyond the TERRIBLE packaging job there are physical problems with the item, as would be expected when shipping a near 16x16 inch piece of electronic device in the "raw".

Visible Issues:
- 2 small pieces of plastic broken off. (3 PIN fan headers, or ???)
- One 3 pin connection the pins are going in all different directions, nearly flattened.
- Lose capacitor.

There are probably more problems.

Needless to say... not a happy buyer, again.

bayleyw

Jan 8, 2014
So in my defense I shipped the board to T_minus in the same box it was shipped to me in; this is definitely a USPS screwup.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
So in my defense I shipped the board to T_minus in the same box it was shipped to me in; this is definitely a USPS screwup.
WHAT?

Stop passing blame!!

It was shipped to you in a 2.5" box, and you found that "OK" to send on to someone else.

YOU, no one else made that call. You made the wrong call.

It's not USPS fault you don't understand how to ship.

You made a bad decision, and as an adult you must deal with it.

That means 1.) Send me a return label and 2.) Refund my money via paypal "refund" button.

If you want to go after USPS you will have the motherboard, and can open the claim then. I don't want the motherboard broken, and I don't want to be part of your USPS Claim. (I can, and will send it back in a larger, properly packaged box so you can file a claim in the "original" box which will be inside. I can get dimensions/weight for you for return label. I won't charge you for packaging time or material.)

This isn't a big problem, and it's only 160 bucks. You're costing me more money typing than this is worth, but it's more about principal. You can take 5 minutes to send me a label and hit refund and we're done, or we can drag it out through paypal and I'll win anyway because I have PROOF you used no packaging, and a TINY box when it was not called for and sent me damaged goods.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Because the seller provided "SHIPPING" info as the original claim was for him not actually shipping until I started this thread, once he put that info in paypal they closed the dispute. He of course did this tonight, right after I escalated it to a claim for his bad shipping practices, and sending me damaged goods.

Now I have to call and talk to my paypal rep and get more people involved than need be only to get a refund from you. I can't open a 2nd claim at paypal, even for an unrelated problem with the same item.

You've done nothing but drag out the entire purchase process, and then send me absolute crap and take no ownership.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
I've offered to ship it back in better box than you shipped to me.

I've asked for a refund for a product I'm NOT keeping due to your bad choices.

What are you doing about it other than ignoring me?

bayleyw

Jan 8, 2014
I've offered to ship it back in better box than you shipped to me.

I've asked for a refund for a product I'm NOT keeping due to your bad choices.

What are you doing about it other than ignoring me?
Waiting for you to cooperate on the USPS claim...

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Did you not understand how the USPS claim works?

1st You TELL ME to open a claim.

2nd I inform you that's not how it works.

3rd You're asking me to assist you in committing fraud by blaming USPS for your mistake in using NO PACKAGING MATERIAL. USPS will find YOU at fault.

4th Part of the whole "claim" thing with a buyer/seller is that the SELLER which is YOU REFUNDS the buyer, and you handle your CLAIM. There's nothing for me "to do".

The motherboard is here, USPS can gladly pick it up whenever they like... pending you refund my money.

I'm not making any claims to USPS about damaged boxes as there was none, I will state the box had no package material, and was sent "as-is" meaning I took no package material out (there was none, haa!). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the item was packaged improperly, and find the seller/shipper at fault. I'm not sure why you're going to go through all this for that.

So again, how are you handling this?
When will you refund my money?
When will USPS pick this up, or as I already stated when will you give me a label to send it back to YOU.

Last edited:
Reactions: andrewbedia

Kristian

Jun 1, 2013
a brief suggestion: would you mind discussing this matter in private?
don't get me wrong: I am enjoying this thread very much and I like your replys T_Minus.
The "problem" we are facing is that a "Bad Seller Thread" should perhaps just list the bad sellers (to keep it short and simple), rather than: bad seller, 78 replys, next bad seller ...

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Kristian - This thread obviously was taken off-track, and will need a new fresh start :)

This SELLER stopped replying to my request for tracking via PM, so I had to start the thread. He's since replied ONLY in here, and NEVER in private, and only when called out.

So, unfortunately "PRIVATE" means ignore for this seller, and not to actually do anything based on his past actions.

Again, how are you (SELLER) handling this?
When will you refund my money?
When will USPS pick this up, or as I already stated when will you give me a label to send it back to YOU.

I've heard 0 communication from this seller, he hasn't PMed me, offered USPS CLaims Pickup, sent a label, or offered to refund my money.

Last edited:

CJ145

Mar 11, 2015
The buyer is never responsible for a USPS claim. Further as a a seller, bayleyw, YOU are responsible for proper packing, no matter how you received the item. You can continue to waste T_Minus's time, waste USPS time, and still be responsible in the end, or you can refund and provide return shipping, since this is your mistake. If you keep dragging this out no one will want to buy from you again, and Paypal may close your account. Handle this properly and someone might actually risk buying from you again.

cptbjorn

Aug 16, 2013
This is why it's good to pay with amex. You can give the seller and paypal a chance to make things right but if you don't like the outcome of that just have the charge reversed and move on.

Reactions: T_Minus

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
This is why it's good to pay with amex. You can give the seller and paypal a chance to make things right but if you don't like the outcome of that just have the charge reversed and move on.
YEP! I normally do this -- but this transaction was so small I just let it take funds from paypal/bank combo.

Lesson learned, do it for ALL transactions!

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
... seller what are you doing? USPS hasn't even contacted me, and you have NOT refunded me.

You were online less than 1 hour ago... how can you show your face without remedying this problem?

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
T-Minus ... sorry you have had to deal with this. A takeaway from this for me has been to never make purchases using my Paypal balance. I have some ebay purchases required to complete a build, and I emptied my paypal balance into my bank account and used the credit card via paypal instead.

It's so much easier to get AMEX to reverse a charge than to have to deal with this crap.

Reactions: T_Minus